Mid-North Coast NSW annual eradication program

:peace:

Hmm , Good Thread. :)

I wonder , can it be confirmed that that is the REAL Supernintendo Dic. Nick?

(Hey , I just thought of a great idea man! :D , Oh yeh , that's right! I smoked Cannabis so of course I bloody well did! :P)

I should write a song about how positive and smoothly this gigs gone so far , Cool! :haha:

Ahem , But seriously now :

If it is , can he please tell me when the North-Coast operations begin so I can move my crop by wagon to the next County? :whistle:

I'm so paranoid that I keep looking out the window every 10 minutes , cannot afford to lose my medicine , this cannot be Harm Minimization ! ... :faint: ...in fact ALL the wildlife are scared of the choppers around here , It's entirely unnecessary. :nono:

A few Questions : Are you saying that this year operations are somehow different and no personal grows have been raided? ... Can you prove this? , possibly with the reported seizure numbers?

Is it just the Mid-North Coast that gets this generous bonus or will the other parts of the states operations now not target personal growers?

Because Last year again , as with every year , many small personal growers around these areas Were raided and charged and had their plants/Medicines removed and destroyed , some with as little as just a couple of plants , yet numerous Police Vehicles and police with guns and the lot make an appearanc! How is this necessary???

How much money is wasted with these "Scare Tactics" as they can only be described?

It's a deplorable waste of resources and you and all involved should really be ashamed at some of the damage that has been done to normal decent loving people through these "overzealous" actions by the NSW Police Force. It really is Madness.

DO you realize how realize ridiculous you look standing next to a Freshly Pulled Cannabis Plant like it's an infamous Bushranger captured "Alive" or something like that as the Pose suggests? It's the most highly revered plant in all History of all Cultures Ever. Full Stop. Sails Away. Hopefully you are at least educated enough to understand this simple point ... THIS PLANT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PLANT EVER UTILIZED BY MAN. Yet still the "Reefer Madness" stigma exists to a point where Hemp could not be grown until recently even though it's amazing and proven capacity ... Hemp Based Foods and Oils are still severly restricted also ... there is almost a complete denial of the Many proven and seemingly miraculous medical uses and a complete lack of consent to study in the area ... excessive arrests for personal usage amounts make a ridiculous amount of simply "fun-luvin'" children and young adults into "criminals" potentially restricting the fullness of their lives and personal growers for medicinal uses are still persecuted without any sympathetic or compassionate grounds available for appeal and true justice ...

The seemingly never-ending lists of prejudices and abbhorent treatment against Cannabis users are severly out of line with what modern science as well as historical evidence have shown repeatedly about Cannabis and it's simply Amazing amount of Positive Applications , especially as a highest quality fibre and natural medicine with little to zero side-effects whatsoever.

All of this information is freely available and it is no secret either that there are always vested interests for the State and the Police when it comes to Cannabis , From the suppression of Medical studies to the Overzealous and totally out of line policing of small-time Cannabis matters.

Don't believe me? ... Well maybe the perfect example is Nimbin itself ... a tiny town with over double the Police Presence of other towns 10 times as large as Nimbin ... the Reason? ... Take a wild Guess! ... Yep , Cannabis and ONLY CANNABIS! ... to say small-time users aren't persecuted here is rubbish as everyone knows and the cops can make many many arrests , new recruits come in , every second person smokes a bit so they make multiple small busts and can "graduate" to a better position (rather than busting really really nice gentle people for a small amount of green organic matter lol )... It's indeniable that there is prejudice and over-zealous policing in this area for no other reason than it's a popular area for Cannabis enthusiasts , both local , and from all over the world. To deny it is to lie outright.

Well anyway , I guess you get my point , and maybe you will understand that there is a lot of real touchy feelings within the community when it comes to Police as per the experiences they and others they know and Love have been through , some will even argue that their lives have been totally turned upside-down or even destroyed by the Law and Police enforcing it simply because they choose to smoke/Vape/Eat a small amount of Plant-matter to relieve their stresses in the evening , much like having a few Cold Beers in the Evening , except it's non-toxic and usually in smoke form. Deal with it ... and make ammends , for Cannabis will continue to be used as much (if not more) as it ever has. May aswll have a toke yourself and just go about enjoying the rest of your life as best you can , as the rest of us are trying to do. Thankyou.

Please excuse any errors as these Painkillers I take for my broken spine make my head a little foggy , The Cannabis helps clear it only slightly :P

Cheers All ... and May the Cops Leave your Medicine Alone! :bongon: !!!

Budman :toke:

Edited by Budman2012

Hi Nick,

Just checking your statistics for harm caused by Cannabis, because I'm positive there has never been a drug death caused by Cannabis use.

Seems to me the Governments own statistical evidence displayed prominently on cigarette packs shows the leading cause of deaths as

Tobacco - 19,019

Alcohol - 2,831

Motor vehicle accidents - 1,731

Illegal drugs (none cannabis related btw) - 863

Murders - 203

Oh and Fact 99% of all drug related drug deaths are caused by prescription medicines

So if you wouldn't mind, i would really love to see the evidence you quote regarding the dangers of cannabis.

Nick, I have worked closely with police in the hospitality industry, and i cannot count the amount of cops (including Crown Sergeants and Senior Detectives), who have said they personally do not agree with this ridiculous war on pot smokers. Their words not mine. How many patrols have you done Nick, and seen the harm caused by alcohol. Many a time i wished i could have given a bloke a cone instead of the alcoholic drink, that was going to make him the hero of the day by beating his wife and kids. How many domestic disputes have you attended Nick?? Ever been to one that alcohol or hard-core drugs didn't contribute to??

How many accidents have you attended Nick after some wanker gets in his car drunk and wipes out the innocent family??

Please do not say your words were misrepresented by the media, that is so cowardly.. But typical of the NSW Police Force.. Remember when you were part of the NSW Police Service?? do you remember those days Nick??

I am so angry i cannot stop shaking at your sheer ignorance and to have the effrontery to tell us on this site that what we do JUST to get us through the day and be productive and caring human beings, is wrong?? Illegal?? A gateway to harder drugs?? You are so naive it makes me furious. Please get out in the real world and then tell me what i do is wrong. Suffer even 1/8 of the pain that so many of the members on OS have every day and take the pharmaceutical crap that messes with your head and has so many side effects that they give you more of their drugs to make it better creating a never ending cycle, where the only winner is the drug company the doctor gets the most benefit from.. Walk one day in another man's shoes Nick, and then you will have the right to sprout your over zealous BS

You said it all Mongy, but just so angry can't not respond.

.peace.gif

• Upvote 1

I noticed you were logged in viewing this topic for over 3 hours this afternoon Nick. No reply?

Is that because you can't back up your claims or defend your stand with facts? I didn't think you could but I'm interested to see if you can.

There have been some very logical points and genuine questions raised by members of the public here Nick. Do they not deserve a reply?

Peace MM

Hi there NICK Bingham,Well you have come to the rite place to be educated on cannabisan it's medical benifits to the SICK & DIEING,Oh befor i forget,Please do tell us here at OZStoners where you get your Miss information from on the Evil weed Cannabis,for a person off your standing in the community I would hope you had up to dateinfomation on the effects of cannabis an it benifits to the sick an dieing,the persons that you percecute with your laws,what you are doing is just making the drug organizations richer by the day,so you make the price of cannabis out off the reach of the sick an dieing an flood the drug market with hard drugs,thats realy smart NICK or is this what you are realy about making the drug organizations richer lmfao :thumbdown: Please read an reread the post by Cactus Gmnut,you just mite learn something.I suffer from chrnic pain 24/7 an Glaucoma and are on the down hill run to being blind for the rest of my life,the drugs the doctors prescribe for me are the strongest ones they can supply for glaucoma,an they dont help much to dring down the pressure in my eyes,The eye specalists found that when i vaporize cannabis it drops the pressure straight away an slows the process of me going blind,this is true facted not some Bullshit that you Dribble to us here.I hope you sleep well at night knowing that what you do is making me an 1000's of australian go blind prematurly,wouldnt you feel better helpping to prevent this happning than percecuting us NICK????? Regards Dingo-2008.
  • Upvote 1

Hey MongyMan and all.

I guess I have been around the internet so much that as soon as I read 'Nick's' post and your reply I suspected straight away that you and others here had been trolled; someone has just registered and posted that for some emotive replies, all too common on the net these days, a hobby for some people.

All good info though but just need to improve that troll radar ;)

Hey MongyMan and all.

I guess I have been around the internet so much that as soon as I read 'Nick's' post and your reply I suspected straight away that you and others here had been trolled; someone has just registered and posted that for some emotive replies, all too common on the net these days, a hobby for some people.

All good info though but just need to improve that troll radar ;)

He registered with an @police.nsw.gov.au email and validated with it. If it isn't Nick Bingham who replied it was someone in the NSW Police Force imitating him which is highly unlikly imo wouldn't you agree?

Peace MM

Ah ok, well maybe I am completely wrong then, I just see something like that and assume it was unlikley he would come on here and comment.

Its a nice laugh if it is anyway because of how poorly informed some of the comments are, the gateway theory has been quashed time and time again and the hospitalization is just a laugh. It has been 'legal' in the Netherlands for decades and believed to actually have kept harder drug problems down, especially heroin.

Maybe Nick should go and educate himself on the current success of the drug programs in Spain and Portugal, but we could not expect anyone from the police force with an agenda to actually attempt to educate themselves with an open mind; politicians cant even do that let alone some cop :wallbash:

• Upvote 1

I guess we have to assume if Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham wanted to reply again he has been told by his bosses not to.:thumbdown: Shame on them if that is the case. If it's not we would love to hear from you again Nick?

It appears you are well aware the war on cannabis can't be won from this quote by you from a 60 minuets interview on May 28th 2010. ?

COMMANDER NICK BINGHAM: The green weed, cannabis, is the most prolifically used drug in the in the country. It outstrips all the other drugs combined, and we hope if we disrupt it enough, people will stop. Well, they'll never stop using it, we're hoping some people will stop using it.

So why are you happy to waste so much public money "hoping some people will stop using it" ( hoping :faint:) when you KNOW "they'll never stop using it"?

The next 2 comments from the interview........

LIAM BARTLETT: So despite all this effort, all this public expense, even these cops concede the global war on drugs can never really be won. Which is why, half a world away, there's an amazing momentum to throw up the white flag.

DALE CLARE: We were supposed to have completely eradicated drug use from the Earth by last year, and yet cannabis is the largest cash profit in California. We failed. So why keep doing what you've been doing when you know it's not working?

It's not only not working Nick. It is doing more damage than cannabis could ever do

Do you really "do this work for the greater good of the community" as you so humbly put it Nick? I honestly can't see how?

All I and many others see is Nick Bingham protecting the markets that organised crime gangs use to finance the importation of truly dangerous and addictive drugs, Nick Bingham putting kids and others at risk by forcing them to buy their cannabis from those gangs rather than in a safe regulated market, Nick Bingham stealing medicine off sick people and charging them for having it, Nick Bingham wasting millions of tax payer's dollars on a "war on drugs" that you KNOW you can't win and I could go on and on.

How can that be in the public's interest Nick? or to use your words "for the greater good of the community" in any way shape or form?

Peace MM

Ps.....How are the Australian cannabis community liaised with and involved in the National Drug Strategy in a proactive way Nick or are we just a target of it?

I'm not a 'hero' as Mongyman sarcastically suggested but I do this work for the greater good of the community
greater good ay?

tell me, what greater good for the community is it when your henchmen come into our homes and turn it upside down infront of our kids aye?

I hope you accept I'm entitled to my opinion as you are
yep you are.......and so am i..........so...YOU, my friend, are ignorant, uneducated, indecisive, pathetic and childish, with tunnel vision!........you have no idea of the help this plant has given me.....yet you judge us and send your henchmen out to turn our lives upside down ...take me away from my kids and brand with the same name as a meth cook?......for what???????

as far as im concerned, you`ve made your mind and i`ve made mine, ........you think we shouldnt be allowed to grow cannabis and self medicate..............well i say you need to be put in a dirty cell with a rapist and a murderer ......just the same as you think we deserve.

I bet you dont even know the definition of cannabis......what do you want from us? seriously?............i mean, i can go back to being a violent drunk if ya think thats better than my peaceful cannabis use?........the choice is your buddy.

:bongon:

Edited by Baker
  • Upvote 1