First growers club

Jett54

hello guys! I accidentally found your site today! I have 10 years to grow outdoors. only a year as indoor. I did not buy a tent and brought down box out of plywood. I even created a topic on this forum is not only visible in the section you need. I live in Russia. I am pleased to see that all countries have growers and amateurs smoke. Thank you that you are! I'm glad that got the court. I want to be friends with you. We're doing a very irnteresnym business. here read what you write and just learn the first steps. Peace to you!
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

I'm new to growing as well, and it ain't goin well.

I had successfully germinated 9 plants and put them in a seedling tray with 50% organic potting mix & 50% slow release seed raising mix.

I put this tray in a 1.2m square white foam box with a 2 inch gap between the lid.

Two small fans (the ones out of your computer).

Light- HPS I'm gathering since it emits a hot pink light (I will find out the exact details when dad gets home from work). This was on 24/7 for about a week. It's the same light my dad used to grow his chillies.

The whole set up is in the backyard shed (metal sheeted) with a window left open. We did have some ~40 degree days.

The plants started to grow really tall (stem) with few leaves that were turning yellow. Then we put the light on a timer to turn off for 6 hours in a 24 hr period. Also tried raising the seeds up closer to the light. Another few days and they are all dying so we put them in the veg garden where 2 are still living but with long weak stems.

My dad was helping me and insisted this would work but alas it hasn't (I'm not surprised). Anyway I'm going it alone this next round and all of the above measures need some tinkering. What do I change?

I will be buying some perlite, digital thermometer and phosphorus from what I've read already.

Your input is appreciated!

I HOPE I'll be joining this club in a few weeks..

Currently looking a gutting a old fridge (which was converted into a massive reptile egg incubator)

To re gutting it into a stealth grow.. maybe 1 or 2 plants, I want to crawl before I walk.

Will also (Hopefully) be attempting a tiny Guerilla grow as well..

Jett54

Wicked idea on the Tomato plant :P

Figure if I can grow a Tomato in one of my plot sites.. I should be able to grow anything.

Hello Everyone,

Need help pls.

I am new here and about to start my first grow. I would like to do indoor hydro in some home made boxes. 1 plant per box, and each box about 1mx1mx1m. I am thinking 4 boxes total.

Computer fans to move air, homemade carbon air filter on exit, bunnings water feature pump etc.

Questions:

What is the best seeds to buy for this grow? (feminsed, short grow height but lots of buds, popular taste and FAST to grow), I am thinking of buying from Herbiesheadshop.

What type of light? (I am thinking using in each box CFL Phillips Tornado 24W 1550 lumens x2 lights, warm white) Is 3100 lumens enough light for 1 box?

What is the best medium to grow this hydro in?

If anyone has some info I would gratly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Edited by aaaratedeasy

Hi aaaratedeasy, I've found the thing with lighting the more the better. This has to have the grow area and air to be taken into account aswell tho. It's roughly measures 1 watt = 1g. I have never grown in box that small but I reackon a cple cfl's more would help yield a bit more.

Have a geeze in cannaversity may give you some more tips.

Good luck Sandchu

Ahhh bit hard to say AJ,

If you are going inside, you control the environment, you control the plant. You control the lights on timers 18/6 to 12/12 which stops the upward growth and allows the buds to develop.

But 45-60 days aint gonna be enuf. With grow and flower I'm looking at double that. 100-120 days minimum

As for your seedbanks, up at the top of this page is a tab that says "Shopping" click it. Go to Community Sponsors. Click it and you'll find a list. There is no Australian seedbanks

Merl1n

• Oz unpinned this topic