Autism & Marijuana

Johnyb

Question

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum. As some of you may know, recently there has been media interest in the medical use of marijuana for autistic childrens behaviour. I am interested in this information as I have a 7 yr old son with severe autism. His behaviour is off the charts...intense anxiety, screaming, all day repetition, never calms, doesn't sleep well always on the move. He cannot be taken out and our family life is suffering.

We have tried every medication known to man; Respiridone, SSRI's, anti eplieptic meds, you name it, no matter the dose or combination no changes last longer than a week, and many have bad side effects. We have also tried many alternative and natural medicines with no effect. It is now time to try medical marijuana, and as one does when one makes such a decision, one turns to the internet. I have have read many sites, stories and info, and stumbled on this site.

I have some questions;If I order online seeds do they generally get here from overseas? I think I am after an Indica strain to maximise CBD content, and I now have read up on how to make hash and decided to administer the medicine this way, I am basically just an everday parent who wants to help his son.

Has anybody tried or know of any children helped (or otherwise) using Mj for autism?

Thanks in advance,

John

As an update I have ordered a hash bubble bag system and also some seeds including some 60 day autoflowering feminized seeds to kick off an early production. I intend to grow about 10 small plants and make some medical hash hopefully within 70 days of arrival. meanwhile I will have a small plantation growing at a reliable and tight lipped best friends bush block.

I will keep you all updated on my medcical experiment. Thanks for all your input.

Johny

welcome jonhyb

and thanx for the update

kidz rule

i have a another 1 for yah

and like grinspoon says

there so many kidz lives will be saved and improved by your post and updates

thanx and praize to you for going forward here

Influence of Dr. Bernard Rimland and Dr. Lester Grinspoon - Autism Research - Mieko & Joey - Pt. 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z2iSKl-Sq8&feature=player_embedded

irey guidance and protection

Thanks Radic

That Dr Grinspoon has some brilliant info

I went for a bit of a look around and found heaps of info about the man and his work.

I personally know the benefits of marijuana for myself but others are still resistant due to it illegal status.

I had a woman last week make her judgement. She is a nurse and I am a criminal

She uses pharma to control patients pain, I use pot to manage mine

She is a professional and I am still a criminal

Until this legal status is changed the medical use of marijuana will not be accepted in society. I have not found a Dr. who will publicly support pot as a medication, many talk of 'self medicating' but to recommend it?? Not likely.

If somebody on OS knows of a Dr who supports, let us know.

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n

Hi everyone, her's an update on the situation.

Since my last post I obtained 7 g's of Nimbin outside grown bud and made a 1:40 tincture using 80% alcohol I obtained from a friend with a permit. After letting the tincture macerate for 7 days I strained it off, bottled it in dark brown glass medicine bottles and gave my son 1.5 mL in about 25 mLs of grape juice. 30 minutes later the screaming stopped and he began playing quietly and peacefully in his room with a drum set he rarely ever used.

For a few hours he entertained himself, and was not crying, thrashing, screaming and obsessive about the smallest thing. To cut a long story short his first week on his new medicine was a little rocky, but we have now discovered that a dose of between 2 and 3 mL's is good for him once or twice a day. His sleep is also much improved along with some much needed appetite boosting (he ate like an Auswitz inmate previously).

In short, he is calmer, more relaxed, happier, sleeps better and certainly doesn't seem "stoned" at all. In fact he is more alert! His speech has improved and I am a happier parent with a less stressed family.

Oneday in the future we will hear alot more about the medical use of marijuana for autism, in the meantime I remain a criminal sadly.

greetnz Johnyb

thanx and praize for the update

he is calmer, more relaxed, happier, sleeps better and certainly doesn't seem "stoned" at all. In fact he is more alert! His speech has improved and I am a happier parent with a less stressed family

wow that is so good to hear

gotta love dat

2 and 3 mL's is good for him once or twice a day

kewl

i saw a pic of a very old cannabis tincture label

the recommended dose rate was 1ml to 10ml for infants, children, adults, and elders

forward ever

free cannabis

heal the children

heal the land

The next tincture I will make will be 1:10 (1 gram of cola to 10mL's of 80% alcohol) , so this will be 4 times stronger than the current 1:40 tincture mixture I have him on now. I will drop the dose of the new tincture to half a mL which will make it more palatable for him in juice (less alcohol).

I tried 2mL of the tincture last night and it was barely noticable, just a mild buzz that made me a little sleepy and relaxed. I will try 4mL tonight and see what happens.

first

the alcohol has a medicinal job to do

it carries the THC into the blood very fast

not as fast as smoking does

but the very next fastest way to get THC into your blood is tincture

so we do need some alcohol

the cannabis tincture you made is actually a mother tincture or full strength alcohol

we call it green dragon cause of the after burn when you drink it straight

naworrie

its fine to use as long as you mix it with juice or water or hot chocolate

cause that will make the alcohol so diluted it wont matter

to make a standard cannabis tincture from the mother tincture you have is eze

just evaporate out 3/4 of the alcohol out of the bottle and replace it with distilled water

thats it

the alcohol content is now reduced and yet the THC content is the same

same dose rate 2 to 3ml

you have an other choice to reduce the alcohol content too

evaporate 3/4 of the alcohol out

and just use drops instead of mls

so 2 to 3ml will be 2 to 3 drops

and that will be the same amount of THC

irey guidance

Hi everyone, her's an update on the situation.

Since my last post I obtained 7 g's of Nimbin outside grown bud and made a 1:40 tincture using 80% alcohol I obtained from a friend with a permit. After letting the tincture macerate for 7 days I strained it off, bottled it in dark brown glass medicine bottles and gave my son 1.5 mL in about 25 mLs of grape juice. 30 minutes later the screaming stopped and he began playing quietly and peacefully in his room with a drum set he rarely ever used.

For a few hours he entertained himself, and was not crying, thrashing, screaming and obsessive about the smallest thing. To cut a long story short his first week on his new medicine was a little rocky, but we have now discovered that a dose of between 2 and 3 mL's is good for him once or twice a day. His sleep is also much improved along with some much needed appetite boosting (he ate like an Auswitz inmate previously).

In short, he is calmer, more relaxed, happier, sleeps better and certainly doesn't seem "stoned" at all. In fact he is more alert! His speech has improved and I am a happier parent with a less stressed family.

Oneday in the future we will hear alot more about the medical use of marijuana for autism, in the meantime I remain a criminal sadly.

Hi Johnyb, that's awesome news. Please keep us informed of the next tincture.