Autism & Marijuana

Johnyb

Question

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum. As some of you may know, recently there has been media interest in the medical use of marijuana for autistic childrens behaviour. I am interested in this information as I have a 7 yr old son with severe autism. His behaviour is off the charts...intense anxiety, screaming, all day repetition, never calms, doesn't sleep well always on the move. He cannot be taken out and our family life is suffering.

We have tried every medication known to man; Respiridone, SSRI's, anti eplieptic meds, you name it, no matter the dose or combination no changes last longer than a week, and many have bad side effects. We have also tried many alternative and natural medicines with no effect. It is now time to try medical marijuana, and as one does when one makes such a decision, one turns to the internet. I have have read many sites, stories and info, and stumbled on this site.

I have some questions;If I order online seeds do they generally get here from overseas? I think I am after an Indica strain to maximise CBD content, and I now have read up on how to make hash and decided to administer the medicine this way, I am basically just an everday parent who wants to help his son.

Has anybody tried or know of any children helped (or otherwise) using Mj for autism?

Thanks in advance,

John

I reckon they'd take him (your child) away and accuse you of child abuse.

i dout it

they would not have a leg to stand on

johneyb you are obviously a very concerned parent doing what you feel is right for your sons healing

and rightfully so.,.,.autisim is a nightmare for the whole family

you a have tried the doctors drugs and failed

there is nuff scientific evidence to support your case

and a good doctor may even be open to cannabis therapy

satevix is available for doctors to prescribe for what ever they think it will work for

it is because of the DEA scare mongering parents that cannabis failed to legalize in Cali last year

its time for the truth to reveal

kidz need there medicine too

cannabis therapy is the safest medicine for children and infants

yes even 100% safe for new born babies

irey guidance

i dout it

they would not have a leg to stand on

As much as I'd hope they didn't, I still believe, that without a physician's support, they would have a leg to stand on. At the end of the day you're giving a child an illegal and controlled substance regardless of its medical value because the Government refuses to acknowledge it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for you doing this, I'm just sayin' that's all.

satevix is available for doctors to prescribe for what ever they think it will work for

I didn't think Sativex was legal in Australia. Maybe it's Marinol.

yeah i here where yas are coming from.....ya would have to word it very carefully....like mention it to the doctor first as an option and ask him what his thoughts were and weather or not he would support it if ya had a letter of consent :scratchin:

of course the letter of consent would need to state that you`ve tried everything and that you`ve spoken to your doctor, and while you`re asking for permission, it is just an idea that you`ve been researching :scratchin:

if ya got nothing to worry about....invite em around to see that ya not joking :scratchin:

only a fool would write to an authority figure and tell them they`re giving their kids cannabis......telling and asking are completely different.

surely this doesnt need to be pointed out? :unsure:

Me :peace:

Edited by Chronmasta

only a fool would write to an authority figure and tell them they`re giving their kids cannabis......telling and asking are completely different.

Absolutely, but the mere fact you're asking suggests you're thinking about it and, regardless if their response, likely to do it anyway.

But hey, the very first US Federal patient for Medical Cannabis won his court case back in the 70s (or was it 80s?) by stating to the judge something along the lines of "if you knew your were going to go blind, you would break the law in order to protect your eye sight".

when it comes to your personal wellbeing.

its a childs wellbeing we are reasoning and hes been there done that

crucial subject for his dad

please stay on track

yes

Dr. Lester Grinspoons rulez he treats his sons autism with cannabis.

and Joan Bello treats he sons epilepsy with cannabis

she has written a book

http://www.benefitsofmarijuana.com/ask/

The Benefits of Marijuana was written without choice. What I learned through years of intense interest concerning this majestic plant could not be contained. As a mother, I am forever grateful, for its part in helping to cure my son of his epilepsy.

irey guidance