Rattys stash chest

Hey guys,

I've just finished building myself a stash chest & thought u might like a little look. Its made from Tassie Myrtle with Ebony plugs. The internal dividers can be removed & separated to lie flat. The internal of the chest & the dividers have been flocked. The chest was finished with using a 3 part mix of Boiled Linseed oil, Tung oil & polyurethane, 4 coats then a final 2 coats of straight polyurethane to give it a bit of protection. The jars themselves are Macona coffee jars & each holds 1 oz of my best Celticstone buds comfortably.

post-5334-0-42680100-1292403577_thumb.jpgpost-5334-0-19481400-1292403599_thumb.jpgpost-5334-0-49855600-1292403624_thumb.jpgpost-5334-0-92798900-1292403681_thumb.jpgpost-5334-0-04061700-1292403712_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Very Very Nice Ratty, That Tassie Myrtle came up a treat and the craftmanship is a real credit to you. The nicest stash box I've seen, like a lil treasure chest :thumbsup: . Used to do a few guitars and it's an artform working a piece of timber that well, Top Quality Work mate.

Thar be gold in that thar chest.............Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhh. :peace: Gh72

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the kind words.

The coffee jars are the 100g Macona jars, my favorite coffee - right up until i discovered percolated coffee. mmmmm I've been stock piling the jars for the last couple of years as i'd had an idea to try something like this for some time, think i've got 20 or more stashed away.

I worked out the design myself using the jars as the starting point using Google stetchup. I've been using them for a while as stash jars but wanted to put them into a box of some sort to keep them out of sight. Its always interesting what you can come up with after a few cones. lol

Come next year i've been thinking about making a few more stash chests out of some other timbers & putting them up for sale. I think these would look awesome made out of Blackheart Sasafrass or Blackwood or Huon Pine. I've attached a pic of a scrapbooking cabinet i built for the wife out of Blackheart Sas with Myrtle border for those who don't know what blackheart sas looks like.

Next year when i start on another chest i'll take some pics of the building process for all those who are interested in woodworking.

post-5334-0-06263400-1292447441_thumb.jpg