Zeolite

Apparently zeolite is a naturally occuring mineral that just so happens to absorb moisture and odours wherever it is a present. A small amount is supposedly enough to rival carbon filtering. It is most commonly used in the grow room suspended in an ideal position in a mesh bag. Every now and then the mesh bag is 'recharged' in the sun to restore it to it's full absorbant state.

This is what I have read about zeolite. Not much else is known, and even the omnipotent overgrow fails to provide answers in the form of decent testemonials.

This is the only place I have been able to find Zeolite for sale.

Does anyone have experience using this stuff?

Guest Field_of_Light
Ive never heard of it either...I just emailed them about the application to the hydroponics industry so it will be interesting to see what they have to say...

Hey Cluster, I got a 8 foot long mini greenhouse outside that my exhaust goes into through the wall. Do ya reckon a few bags of zeolite out in the greenhouse would suck up me stink ? And how would ya place it? In mesh bags maybe? I got some smelly chicks, skunks, widows...

but no cats.

Vaz

Edited by wassily

Hey Cluster, I got a 8 foot long mini greenhouse outside that my exhaust goes into through the wall.  Do ya reckon a few bags of zeolite out in the greenhouse would suck up me stink ? And how would ya place it? In mesh bags maybe? I got some smelly chicks, skunks, widows...

but no cats.

Vaz

I dunno, to me zeolite is mixed with geolite to make kitty litter. I've never thought about using it any other way.

I assume a good method would be to get a bucket, cut ducting hole in the lid and a ton of drill holes in the bottom, then fill the bucket with zeolite with layers of cotton on the top and bottom. Then connect one side of your bucket to the ducting, and sit it on its side.

Actually I like the idea, I might try it out.

Edited by white_cluster