which system? for sog

kindbuddy

alright fellows here it goes. I have two rooms, a 4'x4'x5'tall for veg & a 4'x5x5'tall for flower veg lights are 2 T8s and 2 T5s with 4 2' bulbs ea flower lights are 1 400w hps 1 T8 and 2 2' floros for extra spectrum. the veg will be two moms with two cloners of 15 each, the questions i have are this for the flowers-1) bubbleponic perpetual harvest 8 plants every 2 weeks or SOG with a fill and drain system in a 3'x4' bed of hydroton?

2)if i go the drain n fill route how often do i water for how long, seems to be a missed piece of info in all the posts and books i have read.. i know it is strain dependent, i am going to start with the best bag seed i have gathered this year until i get the system down, then move to either rock lock or white russian...any input on that would be appreciated too

hey, appreciate the welcome guys.. yeah been reading several diff forums lately, trying to zero in on things. bubbleponics.. yeah same as DWC but in sterilite buckets with air pump/stones. Though after further research the last couple days.. i am leaning toward doing a SCROG with one or the other, going from clones to veg in the flower rmm for a month then start listing and budding.. I may get faster results with the DWC poor mans set up, but will have a extra almost foot of space if i use a fill and drain system... any input is appreciated..

hey, appreciate the welcome guys.. yeah been reading several diff forums lately, trying to zero in on things. bubbleponics.. yeah same as DWC but in sterilite buckets with air pump/stones. Though after further research the last couple days.. i am leaning toward doing a SCROG with one or the other, going from clones to veg in the flower rmm for a month then start listing and budding.. I may get faster results with the DWC poor mans set up, but will have a extra almost foot of space if i use a fill and drain system... any input is appreciated..

The only input your gunna get round here is "Go read the forums and diaries"

:wallbash:

Orly? Thanks a bunch!

Oh sorry...

:unsure:

The harshness wasnt directed at kindbud, just seems every time a newbie rocks up and asks questions... no pro growers will give him a hand and help the little newb.

Poor little feller has to sift thru mountains of unrelated posts trying to find relevent information, then try to interperate it instead of getting a quick and easy response from experienced growers that is specific to his grow/setup.

:sleepyhead:

Old posts are interesting reads, but you cant really join the conversation or ask questions when they are months old.

(and targeted at someone else with a different setup/strain/level of knowledge)

:scratchin:

Edited by Pleb Scrubber

seems every time a newbie rocks up and asks questions... no pro growers will give him a hand and help the little newb.

Fairly bold statement but i think the operative word here is SEEMS.

The "experts" or "pro growers" as you like to call them are usually specific to one medium/style and tend to stick their own areas of "expertise" when giving advice unless it relates to general plant health/diseases/bugs etc.

Why peeps are often advised to read up first is because their questions are so broad and far ranging that they need some background information so they can properly absorb the advice they are given.

It often SEEMS to me that some new growers expect to be spoon-fed every little tid-bit of information and want their hands held. Unfortunately the world doesn't work like that.

Your post could be construed as a slight on all the growers and mods here who have spent countless hours helping peeps out but as you're a relatively new member i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just ask that you look around at all the advice that has been freely and helpfully given.

P.S The chatroom is probably the best place to get direct and timely responses to questions but again that depends on who is in there at the time and their "area of expertise"

peace

c

thats a cool answer chato .. :thumbsup:

aye , to help answer your question .. lol .. am no expert or pro but ..

don't start with bag seed . if you wanna go hydro start with hand watered pots in perlite or clay balls and water only when medium becomes dry . .. order your white russian , crack all seeds and look for mum .. there ya go just saved you about a year of fucking around ..

ev :bongon:

I have to agree with Chato,

Not that I call myself an 'expert' nor 'pro grower' but I'll only answer to questions I know about, things in relation to my setup. If I have info regarding a topic that someone can use, I'll answer. But for me talking about CO2 generators or aeroponics or 'bubbleponic perpetual harvest' is hopeless as I have very little information on the subjects and it could lead others down the wrong path.

Pleb, I don't care if you're a noob, we all were at some stage and had to learn somehow. But questions like " what is the best setup for me?", forget it.

You do have to look around a bit and gain what info you can yourself but otherwise do ask, people are willing to help despite the cinics. It is always better to get good information from people who know than those who have heard about it or read it in a book and this is the place to get it.

Merl1n