Diamond Pythons

Oz

• Admin

Hey Stoners, I grabbed a picture of another diamond python so figured may as well kick off specific diamond python thread as these pythons are probably one of the most common ones found along the New South Wales coast and bush lands, this little guy is only roughly 50cm (20in) long being just a baby (they can grow up to 3 metres (10ft) in length) he got himself stuck trying to get through some wire after a feed. They are more of a nocturnal snake however it's too dark to be releasing snakes so he'll have to wait till the morning. Diamond pythons are non-venomous and harmless if you don't go hassling them (pretty much as with any snake non-venomous or not) and if you have them in your garden or roof they are nothing but a benefit keeping vermin down without resorting to harmful baits & poisons.

Baby-diamond-python.jpg

According to the Australian museum the current conservation status of the diamond python is "The Diamond Python is not as widespread in Sydney as it once was and, although it is not considered endangered, it is under pressure from habitat destruction."

The previous larger Diamond Python I stumbled across last year and posted in the Snakes Alive! thread.

I don't really like snakes... had a bad experience with them when I was younger.. my cousins had some type of snake and they played a trick on me and told me it was dead and threw money in its glass case... needles to say me being young and stupid i reached in to grab the money and it latched onto my hand... and I dont care what anyone says it fucking hurt.. alot.......... and now i kind of have a phobia of them... I was able to touch one that was wrapped around this lady is Frankston a little while ago.. but i was pretty medicated on xanax at the time lol

but I think they are pretty cool looking and they feel really nice on your skin.. just that constant thought of getting bitten again.. is just a tad to strong to go pick em up out side lol

snakes are special,, Specially diamond heads...... They are beautiful!!! Just hold their head and tail.. Being pythons they love to wrap you up nice and snuggly lol... How they can be described as cold is beyond me :crazy: ...... Mind you lots if things are beyond me :scratchin: so :scratchin: anywayz thanks for the pics lol

I don't really like snakes... had a bad experience with them when I was younger.. my cousins had some type of snake and they played a trick on me and told me it was dead and threw money in its glass case... needles to say me being young and stupid i reached in to grab the money and it latched onto my hand... and I dont care what anyone says it fucking hurt.. alot.......... and now i kind of have a phobia of them... I was able to touch one that was wrapped around this lady is Frankston a little while ago.. but i was pretty medicated on xanax at the time lol

but I think they are pretty cool looking and they feel really nice on your skin.. just that constant thought of getting bitten again.. is just a tad to strong to go pick em up out side lol

how cool?? you;ve lived to tell the tale... and you can make it seem this :thisbig: every time you tell it :thumbsup:

lol

:peace:

Nice snake,

a friend once found a diamond back python on the side of the road sunning itself with a belly full of something.

He was pretty scared of snakes so he got me to relocate it in a hessian sack.

We took it to a reserve not to far from where we found it and let it go.

It scared the shit out of me when we took it out of the sack and it must have felt theatened because it pulled back and openned it mouth real wide in a threatening gesture.

Very scary, we backed of and it moved off.

This all happened in the Shoalhaven area.

G'day Troops.

I don't like snakes, period. I avoid them like the fucking plague. Once when pig shooting out west of Charters Towers I had a face to face with a very large Tiapan. I had to check my jocks after as I was sure I'd shit myself. I came around the side of a rock outcrop, hoping to suprise a boar in the shade, but almost walked on this big prick. It flattened it's head and rose up a fair bit and I was paralysed for a second, but survival kicked in and I moved back slowly, not taking my eyes off it and we both lived longer. I have no intent to harm any native animals, even dingoes, feral ones a different story.:guitar: