My Wormwoods

Just thought I'd post up some pics of my wormwood plants which I'm quite fond of, and ask what ethnobotanicals the other members of ozstoners grow in their gardens.

Long Wormwood artemisia absinthum

post-15017-009033400 1288312632_thumb.jpg

Roman Wormwood artemisia pontica

post-15017-009560500 1288312696_thumb.jpg

Please share......

Naycha :peace:

Edited by Naycha

Groovy. I'll have to have a shop around once I move n add it to my garden. ^_^

Do you know how readily available it is in Oz, in both those varieties?

:freak: Rose

Hey Rose :wave: not sure if you'd be able to get it at a regular nursery, but should be readily available online. I got one of mine from Shaman Australis, and the other through the Diggers Club.

Oh hellz yeah im gettin me suma that *HI 5* :xcited:

which is better in your opinion?

Hard to say which is better, but in terms of thujone content the absinthum comes out on top and is what you will need if you want to make absinthe.

The pontica is a much more aromatic and palatable herb, while the absinthum is the second most bitter plant there is.

Both look great in the garden, and if they interest you I'd just get both as they both have their positives and negatives.

Naycha :peace:

Hey Guys I have a few T. Peruvianus, T. Pachanoi, T. Bridgesii, T. Bridgesii var Monstrosa, Catha Edulis, Mitrogyna Speciosa, Sida Cordifolia (6 ft), Salvia Splendens. Could have a few more not sure thats off the top of my head as they are all at diferent sites (three diferent gardens) will post some pics tomorrow.