PH Levels:UNKNOWN ATM...BROKE PH PHEN

Temperature/Humidity Levels:28 CONSTANT LIGHTS ON, 16 LIGHT OFF

Air Flow/Fans etc.: OCELATING FAN

Lighting Type (CFL/HPS/MH etc.):135W CFL

Total Wattage:

Growth Stage:BEGINING lol...

Plants Age: 13 DAY

Cannabis Strain: CHURCH

so....i have 2 mothers in the same dwc system, atm being hand fed every 2 days until roots burst the netpots then the dwc will take over fulltime...was suggested handfeed every 2days to ensure cubes dont dry out to much, this is confusing me as only 1 plant is showing these issues :wallbash: , yet they are being fed the same amount of feed etc etc...same light etc :wallbash:

lets do this... :applause:

pics below

post-32297-084645800 1287586348_thumb.jpg

post-32297-008062200 1287586490_thumb.jpg

this ones healthy i think lol

:bongon:

Uka...

ps. thought maybe light burn but im pritty sure it aint now...

post-32297-033181700 1287586749_thumb.jpg

my guess is that the nutrients you are using don't have everything your plants need or your pH is slightly off causing a nutrient lockout. If I were you I would take a trip into bunnings and have a look at liquid ph testers. I picked one up ages ago for $3 and it was as accurate as the one I'm using now which is dedicated for hydroponics. Once you can test your ph levels you'll be able to determine the cause of your issues :peace:

have taken some of mongy mans advice, with the issue of underwatering my clay...so ive set up a ring feeder drip system circulating nutrients from the dwc thru a water pump with a tap on the end so that i can control flow of water to the rings, and have the whole thing set up so that its a slow constant drip...will this keep my medium wet enough?? i dont have it dripping onto my rockwool, i have it set up so its slowly dripping onto the outter edges. ive done this in the attempt that hopefully it will seep thru...correct me if im wrong plz :)

i dont know if this will correct my issue, will check ph 2moro when i go to bunnings and grab a little bottle tester.

if anyone has any corrections and suggestions i would be happy to hear :) danka

Uka

:bongon:

Hey uka, when you put the rockwool cubes into the clay were there already roots coming out? When I start a new dwc system I just raise the water level to almost touching the netpot, although it is ok to have the netpot sitting in the water a bit if you prefer. As long as you have plenty of air bubbles this will keep the clay moist/humid enough for the roots to grow through (in my experience anyway). I usually leave the water 2 or 3 inches below the netpot to really make the roots stretch out, cause even when they are not touching the water they get moisture from the humidity and develop nice fine root hairs.

At 13 days old I would be giving them at least 500ppm of nutrients, and as others have suggested pH is also very important.

Do you check the temperature of your nutrient solution? Too high and you will run into all sorts of problems.

Hope you get it sorted.

Naycha :peace:

ok...so my hydro shop wasnt open today, so i went to dear old bunnings,

i picked up a ph test kit...got home n mmm....for soil...not liquid...

got another timer aswell for the ring feeder system as suggested.

picked up a nutrient called Grow A+B by proganics for $17 a ltr, anyone know this brand??? good bad indiff?? :scratchin:

JK first off..... :harhar: just cause your not pritty enough.... :bongon:

nya, atm i have ring feeders dripping 15mins on 30mins off, on a really slow drip lol...seems to be keeping the clay a more wet look lol...and the waters dripping back into the bottom of the tub so it gets reused lol....

:wallbash: why isnt there a good hydro store in brisbane!!!!! just want a pen for ***** sake

:guitar: give me a pen and ill give you a tune lol

nutrient temperature is at a low 17 deg, its not that hot here lol...

So am i on the right track here with the whole drip feeding till there well rooted into the dwc?? fyi, 1 tap root has come to the bottom?? suggestions on whether or not to keep ring feeding this one till more roots develop thru???

im also going to swap my nutrients out 2nite, im going to head to shops again to try and find ph tester and then will update again

Uka :bongon:

ok...so went to a fish shop as its late night shopping...grabbed me a cheap liquid ph tester :applause: ,

tap water reads : 7.4

DWC originally read at: 7.2 :thumbdown:

read after nutrient added : 7.0

swapped out the nutrients, gave clean start water,

ADDED: proganics growth A+B 30mls to 70ltr tank.

ADDED: 15mls 1/4th strength rhizo.

tested ph...and was still sittin in 7, no up or down on me till 2moro so used the old viniger trick...brought the ph down to 5.8-6.0 gonna wait n check the water in a hour, check the ph level to make sure it wasnt a bad read and then hopefully ill be able to get some ph up n down 2moro

uka :bongon:

ok...ph down to 5.8-6.0-6.2 sorry guys... (freshwater ph tester) for some reason only goes down to 6.2...

have ordered ph pen from hydro shop hopefully will be here monday tuesday... :scratchin:

i guess all i can do now is...hope ive done it all correct, nute temp 17-20 atm(lights on), growth nutes added, ph brought down from way up high (and not the nice high :nono: )

so...mmm...anyone see anything ive missed?????

i know some people might have probs with the use of viniger read it worked and i guess a 7.5 plus is a emergency

leave thoughts.

Uka :bongon:

Good to hear you got that pH down, I've used vinegar before in a pinch and the plants didn't complain although it did make my res foam a little.

If there is a root coming out of the netpot I would stop topfeeding. This will make the roots come out of the netpot quicker, and your plant should get enough moisture as I have never top fed in dwc and it hasn't worried them.

With that pH in check they should start looking much better in a day or two, good luck and let us know how it goes.

Naycha :peace: