Eco Pest-Oil (Neem Oil)

I was bored and started to look for something to do. I found Eco Pest-Oil outside, so I went on and tried out this product. This afternoon, I sprayed my Tomato plants and some flowers with it because there are 30-50 of them little Sciarid fly or Fungus gnats and some white eggs down the tomato leafs. I found out they are dead on the ground after 1-2 hours. Very nice product and also can be used on Cannabis plants and many different pests.

post-39992-002524200 1284795957_thumb.jpg

I was just looking at neem oil in Bunnings and it says you should not use it on anything to be consumed. i think I got fungas Gnats but the label warns it is only to be used on ornamentals, are there any other ways to control these lil buggers, or how do you guys get away with using Neem without it being present in what you smoke? Thanks. gh72

I was just looking at neem oil in Bunnings and it says you should not use it on anything to be consumed. i think I got fungas Gnats but the label warns it is only to be used on ornamentals, are there any other ways to control these lil buggers, or how do you guys get away with using Neem without it being present in what you smoke? Thanks. gh72

It won't be pure neem oil, it probably has a surfactant to aid foliage cover and something else to make it water soluble, it's these additives that are harmful.

Good neem products are usually certified for organic growing.

:peace:

As pointed out by morgs, neem is not harmful or toxic, it has many human and animal uses (head lice, scaly mite on chooks, flea control for pets, ect...).

Edited by TheHeadCing

white oil does pretty much the same thing.. and is so easy to make your self its not funny..

all you need.. is vegetable oil... water... and a few drops of dishwashing detergent...

i cant remember the exact ratios.. but the recipe can probably be found on the gardening australia website..

from memory.. i think it was 4 parts water to 1 part oil.. to make 1liter.. and then just a few drops of dishwashing liquid.. maybe a teaspoon.. shake the shit out of it so that the oil and water emulsifies together.. or goes white.. hence the name.. white oil.. once youve made this youll wonder how the fuck they can charge 15$ or more at a hardware store..

this is safe to use on anything..

Thanks Guys, i wanted to flush it through the Coco to kill any larvae before they hatch, will have to try and find the pure neem oil. The bottle said it was organic certified but still said to only use on ornamentals and that is why i was confused. I don't want to repot until I'm sure the buggers are dead, so i don't transfer any into the new coco or into the flowering tent from the Veg Cupboard. Sorry, I'm a fuddy duddy when It comes to pest control, the less i have to use...the better. :peace: