Importing glass and Customs?

What are Customs like in regards to importing smoking pipes and stuff? I would like to order myself a glass Vaporgenie but I'm worried Customs will cause issues.

Do they care? My big concern is that I've seen multiple people say the glass VG looks like a crack pipe at first glance.

Hey there gramin

It all depends what state u live in i think, if bongs are legal in your state then there isnt any problems as its a legal item however a vape bong might get looked at more closely as it can be used to smoke meth/ice through but again depends on the state you live in, i don't have any vape accessories so i cant talk from experience. I got a nice bong sent to me from the USA to Victoria and tracked it with the number and saw it enter customs and leave customs in 12 min so they didn't even care what was in it nor open and check it.

however i just looked at http://www.vaporgenie.com/ and it looks just like a normal tobacco pipe well glass pipe anyway so id say you you should be all good.

Fantastic, I live in Vic myself. I feel much more confident in ordering one now. Just got save up some cash first :)

EDIT: One more thing, do Customs care about lighters? I've ordered some before from Deal Extreme and they arrived safely. But I'm not sure about from the US. I'm sure it's probably ok though?

Edited by gramin

As far as lighters go your safe unless it looks like a full size gun, came back through Melbourne air port a year ago with a mate who insisted on buying a Glock handgun lighter while in Europe, this thing looked the part only when u pulled the trigger the flame would come out the barrel, we went through customs and i was besides him and argued for an hour that it is legal to own a replica hand gun in the grate state of Victoria, regardless they seized the lighter and my mate was issued with an infringement notice!

Before this goes any further, In Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia it is LEGAL to own a full replica hand gun with a working action and correct weight. It is however illegal to be caught carrying it around you would more than likely get shot and it has happened before! or charged with possession of a concealed weapon, cops don't fuck around when it comes to guns, real or replica.

http://www.collectorsarmoury.com.au/Collec...ry/default.html

Just not sure what the cops will do if they bust you for dope and find a replica Colt .45 in your bedside draw

As long as the bong or pipe is clean, new and unused (and doesn't say "weed pipe" on it), you'll be fine. I've ordered countless pipes and bongs from overseas and from within Australia, and most of them have been opened, but no action taken.

If it's clean and unused they legally can't presume it's for weed and take it. For all they know, you could just love smoking oregano or some shit :freak:

I Import Tonnes of stuff big and small inc Volcono Vaporizers and Iolite portable Vapes.

Customs said everything valued over $1000 inc shipping had to pay GST (no exceptions)

Playing cards worth $3000 arrived and went through NO GST or DUTY BUT BUT

Volcano Vapes were held up for 3 extra weeks in customs cos the package was valued over $1000 usd including shipping

I had to pay 11% GST plus Import Duty.

When the package arrived One Volcano was missing and 2 carry cases were smashed but all the boxes were undamaged.

Shit i lost some money on that import.

Next i have a Volcano single unit shipped from USA direct to my customer and it went through unopened.

So i am not sure they have a firm policy but dont like large quantaties which are obviously for resale.