Cloning gel Vs powder.

It's all a matter of personal preferences some swear by Gel others by Powder, honey is often used also. :rolleyes:

I use honey on hard wood cuttings but I haven't found it useful on soft wood like cannabis. Tested indole butric acid (powder) against honey last year and even the untreated controls (dipped in tap water only) rooted faster than honey treated.

My personal preference for soft wood tip cuttings is either an overnight soak in the fridge in an indole acetic acid plant starter or rehydrating peat or coco pucks with a mixture of plant starter, water and weak nutrients. Bunnings sell a liquid plant starter with indole acetic and naphthalene acetic acids that works a treat... just keep it capped and fridged between uses and it will store quite well.

yep rooting powder is the go in my nursery , the name says it all doesnt it :)

i tried that gel but it rotted one or more stems

its just marketing b/s

nothing wrong with powder in the 1st place

then they bring out this new groovy coloured gel

turns out pretty shitty

like if the stem is covered in gel then there is no oxygen present

well thats no good for rootlets to strike out

is it

:rolleyes:

I have generally found that the powder works better than the gel. I've had many cuttings not take root and rot when using the gel, but have almost 100% success with the powder.

I've also found that the Plant Starter liquid helps boost things along a bit too. ^_^

I'm basing all this on my experience with all plants, not just our lovely herb.

:freak: