Tommy Chong Busted

Hey guys,

I dont know if someone wrote this earlier but i think Chong was not just arrested for selling pipes. I heard that he was busted because he was allowing underage kids to buy pipes easily off his ex/website.

In the last few months the Usa has stopped atleast 33 bong/pipe companys and put them out of business.

I think they're trying to find anything to stop them from making pipes, So probably busted Chong for selling pipes on website without verifiying age or something stupid, I heard when they Busted Chongs place that 15 workers had pot or illegal contraband, and Chong had no pot, no pot in his home either, if my sources are correct.

I have no personal opinion about Chong, he is a little played out.

In the Usa we got a tv show called That 70s Show, Its really funny, pretty much every episode the main characters toke up (they dont show them smoking, but show them when there high and rooms usually really smokey), Well lately he has been on the show episode after episode, but hes playing a STUPID burntout stoner, I mean hes making it look like stoners are complete morons, but its still kinda funny hahaha.

I think hes just making money off the same "pot jokes" or "stoner" stuff,

I personally dont think hes really trying to legalize it, or has actually done anything helpfull towards the cause,, but if someone shows me otherwise Ill shut my mouth.

KK

He's used his "celebrety status" to draw crowds to rallies dedicated to pot law reforms a fair bit I believe. I agree he's played out, or flogged or whatever, but if I could make money crossing my eyes and lookin silly I'd be in it I think.

The point, regardless of if it's chong or you or I, is should a person be prepared to go to jail if they have a way out of it ? (so long as it doesn't incriminate another).

I reckon considering the massive damage to a family, the danger of the place, and the serious consequences for the future of the person (not to mention the porridge), jail should be avoided at almost all costs. If any-one doesn't agree with that, well; I'm not stopping ya from handing yourself in right now just for the cause.

rob

Guest Urbanhog

I wonder if OJ Simpson got arrested with huge cannabis plantation, instead of murder, can he get away? B)

Hope Chong has a good lawyer that he can afford.

Guest Guest
In my humble opinion, and I've been in jail a FEW times for dope and been helping people in other countries also, even now in China, and they SHOOT YA for it here! If your willing to GO PUBLIC to MAKE MONEY ON IT, you have to fight the cause also and don't be a freakin EGOIST SAVIN YOUR ARSE! Becouse you're an example for others and most of all, THE LAw will use you as an example! iF YOU'RE NOT WILLING to take the heat, STAY OUT OF IT and don't try to make money on people who like to smoke! We 're in it together you know,l It's not done to USE PEOPLE and ABUSE them when the heat comes on. that's what Tommy's about and for me, he's not welcome at my place anymore, well, maybe one more time to kick his arse.

that's what Tommy's about and for me, he's not welcome at my place anymore, well, maybe one more time to kick his arse.

B), jeesus tboat, you're hardcore man :D When you come to Aus and I say something you don't like will you kick my ass? ::P: Don't worry, you won't need to do much, one good smack in the mouth and I'm crying like a little girl ;)

that's what Tommy's about and for me, he's not welcome at my place anymore, well, maybe one more time to kick his arse.

:o, jeesus tboat, you're hardcore man :D When you come to Aus and I say something you don't like will you kick my ass? ::o: Don't worry, you won't need to do much, one good smack in the mouth and I'm crying like a little girl :o

HELL NO bro, it's just that this dude is not just an asshole, he puts people who get into the same shit in a bad spot, becouse of his pleading guilthy to safe his poor arse he gives the DEA and justice dept. in the states MORE GROUNDS and this will result in people going to jail or doing longer time! that's why,...but he has no problems using them to make money, wich makes it worse, and HE DOES SMOKE, I've seen him doin it and he had no probs taking my joints when offered, well doing that and getting people into more problems becouse of your own arse is a reason for me tto not like the dude yeah and, yes, everyone who knows me knows I'm not really a pasifist but I AM FAIR and never been violent to friends, Hell man I like a good fight, always did and some people really deserve to get their arse kicked, what Tommy did is cleaning the path for the U.S. justice dept. to put innocent people in jail, reason enough for me. U.S. Justice dept is happpy with guys HELPING THEM, and that's what he's about. He's like a dealer who gives his clients names to the cops after they bought from him. He sucks bro...

I don't know wheather to laugh or cry; just like a dealer giving away names and addresses? I think you need to calm down a little Tboat. I don't think he fingered anyone.

As for if ya make money out of people, that equates to using them, again ya just plain wrong. If someone makes an item, provides a service, say comedy, or growing dope, or providing a place to smoke it AT A COST; it's a service, not a rip off. Frankly, my friends can smoke at my place for free but.

It's no different to patching a hole in someone's plaster wall for a tradesman, or building an extension to a house, or whatever. Providing a service, and recieving payment for same is nothing more than employment and no one owes anyone anything once the bill is settled. Financial or moral.

I've got no offence to anyone having made a profit from grass doing whatever they can to stay free, so long as they don't give someone up. I mean, that's the aim here isn't it? Being able to participate int he culture, and not suffer penalties for doing so? That goes for everyone in the game, customer or seller, the kid in New York, or Tommy Chong.

I can't say for sure, but I did look into this as far as I could. What I hear is he had to face a max. penalty of 15 years or some such crap. Now if you think a person should go to jail for fifteen fuckin years because he sold a bong, and made some pretty damn funny movies, ya plain nuts, not just violent ( I hope the dutch gov. has strong gun law control). I believe he got a 20 thousand dollar fine as it is, and some other shit thrown at him.

As far as I can make out, your theory is that say I grow me a pound, and make a few bucks to get my kids fed; I should hand myself over to the cops every time they bust someone that bought from me? Or maybe just arbitrarily hand myself in at the local cop shop on spec? Lest I be using people up?

A bit of a romantic notion I think.

My brother was busted once for a single joint (qld of course). his wife was sharing it with him, and in the vien of your noble concept, insisted it was hers too. So they arrested them both.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, sure. But I think the connection of making movies (or selling bongs) is using people up, and forging a path for the DEA (as if they needed one forged for them), and finally coming to some crazy conclusion that he's responible for sending innocent kids to jail longer than ever or something is a bit much.

Maybe you should smoke the lighter stuff for a while or something. Most smokers I know mellow out, you must have some wild shit on that boat mate if ya feel like beating people about for making a living. I've heard swallowing a valium just before ya smoke can alleviate that agrevation.

cheers

rob

ps. Thanks for the revelation that he smokes, I think we all had strong suspicions of that.

Edited by RobbieGanjaSeed