Rosscopico's 1st outdoor grow

I just ordered some fake cherry tomatoes off the net. I figure Ill use some of the green twisty ties to hang a few off each plant

I realise it wont stop the trained eye from recognising the plants, but should keep most of the neighbours in the dark about whats going on in case they see my mullies amongst all the other plants.

I just ordered some fake cherry tomatoes off the net. I figure Ill use some of the green twisty ties to hang a few off each plant

Sweet man, we need to see pics of that when you get em. Sounds hilarious, even though I think it's a good idea. Just picturing you hanging little tomatoes on your plants cracks me up :D

Hey Ozzy! Good to be back!

Mull, I totally forgot about the perlite!

Although there is a bit in the mix that Im using. Its also got peat in it. There is other stuff there as well, but I cant remember what it is.

I have a feeling that I will most likely have to supplement it at some stage.

I got a soil pH testing kit the other day, it tested at about 7-7.5, so its a bit high.

I was thinking of making up weak batches of pH adjusted GH flora & watering with that, so give all the required food at the right pH

Would that work?

I have some granulated citric acid in the cupboard...........or should I use wood ashes?

Im a bit intimidated by this soil medium business! :D

Wow, this outdoor growing is interesting stuff!

Where I am rains a lot more than back home in Oz, so I find myself reading weather reports alot to determine when I might need to water my garden (not just the mullies, but the tomatoes, rosemary, basil, coriander, chillis & beans as well!)