Reverse Osmosis filters?

check out the slow rockwool biofilter at overgrow in the faq's, it looks alright to me Putard,

anyways if anyone is gonna get a RO unit, fuck australia, they are ripoffs, The unit I'm getting is a 6 stage 75gpd filter with a special deionization bit. Its $115 just for postage, but the unit is only $160.

costs a fair mint for a box of filters every month though.

As for RO water, its excellent weekprik, at the moment I'm using high amounts of h202 and weekly water changes, When you got RO water you can keep the same water all crop and merely add back nutes to keep the right level. i cant myself cos I dont use a truncheon.

yeah...while we're on this subject anyone know how to setup a predator mite and or biobugs for the water, uno as in breeding ya own good bugs?

hi mr putard, you got it in one...bio bugs-see grow australia about the stuff, i dunno fuck all about that sorta gear myself B) never tried, most hi-tech shit i went for is putting in a soilless mix in my "bed" once. this bio-bugs apparently goes straight into the nute mix, some beneficial bacteria...dunno. jaikai

post-9-1058355286_thumb.jpg

Guest weekprik
When you got RO water you can keep the same water all crop and merely add back nutes to keep the right level. i cant myself cos I dont use a truncheon.

Sorry mate got to disagree with you there to save other people making the same mistake,

you should NEVER top the nutrients up, add only water inbetween changes,

reason being a truncheon is awesome i love mine BUT, it gives a total salt measurement, it however doesnt tell you that the plant has used all the N and the K and P is still strong with them,

I mean" say the plant used all of the N and none of the K or P or micros, the reading would be lower, but may still be within but all the N has been used( so you end up with a N deficiency, but the truncheon says everything is ok),

You then come along and top up the nutes and it brings the K,P or micros up to a dangerous level but the nutes still have a lack of the initial componet."

so in this new mix you now have a nutreint lockout and deficiency happening, which you cant understand as the truncheon is reading an acceptable level,

RO water is also BAD news but im not sure why, its just all the books and shit I have say DO NOT USE RO water,

When you got RO water you can keep the same water all crop and merely add back nutes to keep the right level. i cant myself cos I dont use a truncheon.

Sorry mate got to disagree with you there to save other people making the same mistake,

you should NEVER top the nutrients up, add only water inbetween changes,

reason being a truncheon is awesome i love mine BUT, it gives a total salt measurement, it however doesnt tell you that the plant has used all the N and the K and P is still strong with them,

I mean" say the plant used all of the N and none of the K or P or micros, the reading would be lower, but may still be within but all the N has been used( so you end up with a N deficiency, but the truncheon says everything is ok),

You then come along and top up the nutes and it brings the K,P or micros up to a dangerous level but the nutes still have a lack of the initial componet."

so in this new mix you now have a nutreint lockout and deficiency happening, which you cant understand as the truncheon is reading an acceptable level,

RO water is also BAD news but im not sure why, its just all the books and shit I have say DO NOT USE RO water,

not necessarily weekprik. Many grow successfully topping up with nute water and not flushing until the end of the grow. For example checkout Nimby's threads at overgrow. Of course by most reports plants do better the more often you flush, but its not necessarily critical.

RO water is just purified water, how can that possibly be bad? Can you quote some sources on this?

Oh and as far as bio bugs and shit go,

KILL THE LOT!!!! use oxyplus or something, a good bug is a dead bug.

what are you basing that opinion on?

Can anyone suggest a good RO filter available in AUS for a decent price?

Found a couple on ebay but not sure if they're a waste of money at $150

i got mine from ebay from the Water Filter Factory , there good guys 

they have a filter setup for the garden with a hose attachment , which i got

i have also just added but not installed yet a mineralizer & alkaline filter

if you've never used a RO system your in for a shock ,they are very very wasteful 

you'll get to use 50% of what go's though the filter the other 50% go's down the gully trap basically 

• Upvote 1

i got mine from ebay from the Water Filter Factory , there good guys

they have a filter setup for the garden with a hose attachment , which i got

i have also just added but not installed yet a mineralizer & alkaline filter

if you've never used a RO system your in for a shock ,they are very very wasteful

you'll get to use 50% of what go's though the filter the other 50% go's down the gully trap basically

Thanks itchy, that's actually the ebay store I was thinking of.

Which system did you buy and what ppm do you get out of it?