Growing weed in tropical north queensland

Hey guys,

Am based in tropical north queensland. New to growin weed and have a couple of questions about growing it outdoors in this area:

1) How long should it take for planted seeds to get to the point of harvesting in this climate?

2) Does it matter what time of year you plant the seeds in this climate? If so what is earliest/latest time of year seeds should be planted?

Any advice would be much apprecciated. cheers

Head season is almost over and September is the best time to plant. You can grow and flower now but they wont be as good.

Thanks wilderbud. Forgive my ignorance, but what is head season? Also any idea how long it should take seeds to reach harvest time if grown outdoors in this climate?

Given that the wet season has come to an end ! And the dry season is at the door I would recommend that you vege / start growing under some decent flouro's get em up to around the 1-2 foot region and then allow them to harden off / get used to the sun and then put them outdoors for the rest of there life ! You should be able to reach the 4-5 foot region and score a nice 3-4 oz plant ! Great for stealth in my opinion ! Good luck !
  • Upvote 1

Given that the wet season has come to an end ! And the dry season is at the door I would recommend that you vege / start growing under some decent flouro's get em up to around the 1-2 foot region and then allow them to harden off / get used to the sun and then put them outdoors for the rest of there life ! You should be able to reach the 4-5 foot region and score a nice 3-4 oz plant ! Great for stealth in my opinion ! Good luck !

Thanx Haze. How do you go about hardening off plants?

hardening off is adjusting the plant to outdoor conditions - essentially it means toughening up the plant because indoors they live in almost ideal conditions

I recommend that instead of posting q after q you do some extensive research on this site and others to open your eyes to growing a bit

from seed to harvest could be around 5 - 6 months (well it is for me anyway)

Jimbo :D

North QLD you want sativas, you can grow year round, in winter your not going to get a lot off them as they won't veg but will go straight into flowering so you will want more plants.

If you can take clones from a mother palnt then plant out a good sativa clone you will get 4-5 ounces per plant. Put in 10 clones a fortnight and you'll pull 40 - 50 onces for every lot of clones you put out.

Malawi Gold is a good strain or a PNG strain if you can get it.

regards,

Bob

You can easily get 2 harvests where you are ,

hybrids planted toward the end of june and harvested in october,

and then plant sativa for a second harvest around april ..  

its important to grow them as well as you can in order to maximize your yeild potential with the hybrids,

the sativas will grow themselves once the rain starts .....

dunno how to add pics ,, ill have to suss it out .. 

• Upvote 1