Personally found sri coco to be better than the canna. We don't see much cyco stuff out here in the west but the samples I tried were.... hmmm.... inconsistent? Perhaps I should point out that any company that can't answer a straight question "what's in it" when you ask them should be immediately distrusted.

Funny how all these various people using various nutrients, media, lighting etc all have had varying results. You don't think it could be that each growroom, each plant, each grower and each nutrient mix made up are far from similar?

I've rarely come across products that are undeniable rubbish, most of these companies have a vested interest in making you grow big, healthy plants with good yeilds. If they didn't, they wouldn't make any repeat business, and wouldn't make any money. And if all they're after is money then they're failing quite miserably at that.

Most of the standard grow and bloom nutrients are quite comparable to each other. Sure one uses a slightly more expensive form of iron dtpa, some use b1 additives in the mix instead of separately, some even have pretty bottles! But the fundamental processes that plants rely on to grow aren't so spectacularly misunderstood that we can get massive yeild increases from simply changing nutrient brands.

In the end, if you find one nutrient and you like the results, go for it. But don't slag one off if you can't even come close to proving even circumstantially that what they've provided is rubbish. So far I see someone saying "cyco is shit for coco" but providing no evidence of such. I don't use their brand of nutrients because when I asked questions they couldn't answer them. That's enough for me, it might not be for you. But I don't suggest that their products are shit because I haven't used them and even if I had there are so many other factors that go into a grow that could be responsible for a bad result. If you want to compare a nutrient line to another, you need two growrooms, two plants, two of everything and just change one factor. When you grow from one season to another it's different. When you grow one strain to another it's different. Heck when you take water from the tap one month to another it's different in some localities.

Sorry for the tl;dr post.

• Upvote 2

I was told today that the person mixing the nutes for Cyco is the person who was mixing the nutes for the Advanced Nutrients range sold in australia, which I have been told are no longer sold/available, I presume they sent the base materials here rather than pallets of mixed nutes, not sure exactly, but the source is a retailer of Cyco products. Either way, I agree with what others have said, while I'm sure there are differences in products, I doubt large variations are due to nutes alone, in this day and age they aren't rocket science.

GB

Hey guys, you will find that a lot of nutrients that come from overseas are sent in powder form and then added to water here, the sellers in australia make HUGE mark ups from this as the base powders are cheap as shit. I lived in Holland and have been to Massive grow greenhouses there that use the House and gardens cocos range and also their other products for other mediums, I am the same as everyone else, I used to swear by Dutchmaster before I went O/S. These guys in holland know their shit, the Van De Zwaan's (makers of H&G) over there help their growers develop products specific to their needs and have GREAT results. Their product is renown for ease of use and reliability, these big greenhouses want to spend as little time stuffing around balancing shit all the time and you only need a fraction of what the other manufacturers rates are, so it lasts longer and even though it is a bit pricey, especially their roots excelurator and shooting powder, the base nutrients are about average and are bottled in holland with no solid fertilizers as bulking agents.

There is NOBODY I know who has not used this stuff and not seen an increase in plant health and yield. I can't speak for everyone, we are a loyal bunch, if something works-we stick with it. I totally understand that, but every now and then do a grow with something different, just to step out of the comfort zone. You may find it doesn't work for you but you may also find something amazing. Wading your way through all the hype and bullshit is tiring but persist and you will find the one that works for you. REMEMBER-NO SOLID FERTILIZERS=BETTER QUIALITY NUTRIENTS=BETTER YIELDS. lol

The main thing with coco nutes is that they are formulated for coco. Coco has naturally high potassium levels and more calcium is required in the nute because of this - along with lower potassium levels. I've used Canna coco for years and have played with various other nutrients ---- the cyco I was given wasn't coco so I used it on my tomatoes instead. I'm sure they make a good nutrient and have heard they are the exact same thing as the AN nutes.

Funny how all these various people using various nutrients, media, lighting etc all have had varying results. You don't think it could be that each growroom, each plant, each grower and each nutrient mix made up are far from similar?

spot on

you'd be surprised to see how much difference there is between growers from the same metro area but connected to different water sources for example.

hi fellow growers

i was sent a sample pack from cyco and after 2 grows with the garbage i am putting most of it in the bin

the only products in the range i have found usefull is

ZYME

POTASH PLUS

SILICA

UPTAKE OR FULVIC

SWELL

my normal nutrient has b1 added so i dont see the value in paying $60 to $70 for the b1 boost

and bloom roots or aminozym lets roots grow faster than b1 boost

as for dr repair or cyco xl in my opinion are only gimmics as cyco xl is almost the same as PH DOWN

mabee people on this website have had good results with this brand

but in my opinion the three best nutrients are

No1 CANNA CLASSIC

No2 BLOOM COCO (very hard to find)

No3 HOUSE AND GARDEN COCO

so guys theres my opinion for the way i grow and some people mite be having a better result with cyco but i cant see how

cheers

I use cyco. My first round I almost killed too. I used the feeding schedule in the book. For soil and coco you have to use the soil schedule or it will burn the girls up and cause lock out. I used house and garden, then used canna. Canna was the best, but now my Cyco grow is really doing better. It is one mill. less of the a and b, and also the b one. the rest is the same. I almost gave up too until I found the soil feeding schedule.

Edited by grower guy

I just finished a grow using Cyco coco mixed with perlite and Cyco veg + bloom nutes. I found it actually needed to be mixed up stronger than the directions on the bottle to get the right ppm (80ml into 20l of water gave me just under 1300ppm :o ). Other than that no worries at all as happy with it as any other nutrients I've used.

:peace:

Edited by nugget

hello to all. I have done 2 grows with the cyco range using 50lt coco pots with feed to waste system. 1st one i didn't use the whole regime and the plants weren't watered often enough.total yield was 15 ounces off 4 plants about 4 ft tall.The second grow was a lot different changed watering schedule and used the whole CYCO range,yield was 6 pounds from 4 plants,2 plants 2ft tall and 2 plants 4 ft tall,but total grow time was only 12weeks! Each to thier own but i wont be using anything else again.