Son kicked parents to death, court told.

Is there honestly any logical reasons why alcohol sales shouldn't be banned after a certain time? I mean, of course in a free world if someone wants to get blind drunk, then that is there choice to make. But to me, policy that makes people decide how much there going to drink before they get blind, just seems like a common sense harm reduction policy, rather than a harmful Prohibitionist policy.
Yes, It seems you've forgotten about shiftworkers and various trades like H & R (Hotel 'n Resturants) that work into the small hours. Just so people like yourself and I can enjoy the simple luxuries in life that we do. Should those people be dictated to, to when their allowed to have a drink. I've worked in various jobs to where fellow colleagues and myself would go out for a social drink after work (wee small hours), every now 'n then. Also, It appears to me. Your last post was at 3:15am. Are you going to tell me you stopped smoking well before you hit the 'Reply" button?

But, what you choose not to realize is that I'm not (and I never have) arguing for alcohol (or any other drug) to be made illegal. I'm about getting people who enjoy a drink to realize that there no better (or worse) than someone who enjoys a smoke, or even someone who might enjoy a few lines of coke once in a while, or whatever rocks your boat. In my opinion, a drug is a drug. Anyone that thinks there better because they drink alcohol instead of some other drug, needs reality explained to them like a child, imo.

Your opinion of not comparing alcohol to cannabis is about morals, the problem is drug policy is politics and imo, nothing good comes from combining morals with politics.

When someone is sitting there with a can of beer in there hand, well telling you why "drugs" can never be legalized, it's kind of like holding a royal flush, in a political argument.

Well, whatever you're attempting to do jabez. Your not keeping an open mind about it, or prepared to see the flip side of it. When you throw around comments like "toxic poison". "damage to society". It makes you no better than a typical prohibitionist, as that's the way your opinions will be perceived by most. You also go on to mention "Morals". I ask you, where are the morals with some parents that do nothing more than plant their arse in the couch 'n choof bud all day. While their kids are sitting in the same room? So it's might best if you don't try that angle either. The only ones with the right approach with Canna Law Reform is L.E.A.P. At least they're smart enough not to go down the route that yourself and many other Canna Activists. They've done the homework and realiSed that the decriminalisation/legalisation of ALL drugs is the best angle. Then once that's achieved educate the masses about the harmfulness of ALL drugs, and let people make their own minds up. While providing Harm Minimisation courses and/or information. What yourself and other stoners are attempting to do, achieves diddly squat, bar to put a wedge between both parties.

Yeah, I see those alcohol ads pointing out it's dangers, rarely! But what I see a lot more, is ads that glorify alcohol and what about those stupid morning shows on tv, there constantly making jokes and talking about getting drunk, at 9am in the morning! Half the movies on tv late at night get illegal drug use cut out or censored, but yet these clowns are allowed to sit around on tv at 9am in the morning talking & joking about how drunk there going to get that night, that's BS!

I got no axe to grind when it comes to the drug alcohol. But I do have an axe to grind for people that advertise alcohol as morally justified while claiming all other drug are pure evil.

Once again, it only amounts to your opinion, jabez. What Ads are those that are out to glorify alcohol consumption? Admittedly the only thing I seen happen on morning television, was on the "Today" show where Lisa tried to crack a funny about Karl should organise the next staff party. But as it turned out, the joke went over like a lead balloon with the rest of the cast 'n crew. Also I dunno what TV channels you watch, jabez. But it seems TV shows like That 70's Show 'n Weeds may have escaped your mind.

;)

Yeh , good discussion there guyz ... I agree with bits and pieces from both sides.

The comparison of Cannabis with Alcohol and any associated 'dangers' is apt.

It's just 1 small part of the entire argument though and I also agree that some people use this as their MAIN point in the argument way too often.

ALL drugs should be legal. Hell, even Pharma drugs can be of use and people should be able to have the options ... even though they kill nearly as many people as Alcohol. (5th leading cause of death in the US supposedly).

All 'Illicit' drugs put together only cause a tiny percentage of the fatalities caused by Tobacco , Alch , Car cRashes , Pharmaceuticals all alone and probably many other things too. So it is insanity to demonize any drugs at all ... remember a few years ago it was like , oh it's just cannabis , not like the horrible 'hard' drugs like Heroin.

Heroin used in in the right matter is not a very toxic drug. It can be addictive though ... almost as much as cigarettes etc.

So It's all absurdly out of proportion in the scheme of things.

It's not wrong to be angry at the injustice of it all ... casued by psuedo-religious corporate greedmongers.

But as Indy said ... Comparing toxic 'drugs' with non-toxic plant matter is like apples and oranges.

However , It needs to be acknowledged that we can buy legal poisons and as much as we want and make the 'evil' corporations very wealthy in doing so yet we are treated as criminals to enjoy a relatively safe and healthy plant substance for ouselves. It's an important and valid argument.

Alcohol is fine ... idiots on alcohol are not ... again , it should be a medical issue , not a moral one.

Alcohol has been used for thousands of years too ;)

If a crime is committed 'on' booze (or anything else) then it is a criminal issue.

My biggest beef is with commercial Tobacco , as It's another relatively safe plant substance in it's 'Natural' form ... the tobacco they sell these days IS Poisoned , they are legally allowed to poison and addict the public and NOT disclose the chemicals they add.

Just read a story before that they add pig blood into the filters too (heamoglobin *spl) ... that might upset Jews and Muslims lol Crazy shit man. no One can know , cause they pay politicians to be able to keep on their evil profiteering.

Many people are like , oh man cigarettes are so disgusting , worst habit ever etc etc , well that's about right but how many understand that it isn't tobacco that's bad , it's the adulterated (see: poisoned) tobacco products that are the problem , don't blame the smoker ... blame the ludicrous scheme that the greed-corps and politicians have set up for their own benefits.

So yeh , the comparisons need to be made ... as part of an more complete argument considering all the other arguments. There are plenty ofc.

Cheerz :)

Budman :)

P.s. Sorry about my last post , I musta been on drugs and sleep-posting ;)