Son kicked parents to death, court told.

Maybe, but this tit for tat stuff does nothing more than both/any drug getting a bad name. Which in turn see's legislation getting written up with more stringent controls, which eventually affects our freedoms. The way todays governments work within Australia nowadays are acting that people cannot be trusted anymore, so they're trying to protect us from ourselves.

Which is entirely the wrong approach in my honest opinion. People need to be held more accountable for their fuck up's, so others that don't have a problem with such things (drugs). Don't have their civil liberties fucked up the arse in the process. Just because a minority screw up from time to time.

Yes, the bloke screwed up. Neither Alcohol or sleepwalking should be used as angle used to soften the act to which he carried out on his parents. It's because of cases like this over the years that we're losing our basic freedoms, hand over fist.

Make people held accountable, instead of trying to protect us from ourselves. :D

EDIT: I really wish some stoners would pull their heads outta their arse just for once, and stop concerning themselves with what's happening on the cannabis front alone. And look at the bigger picture and see what's happening to our civil liberties on a whole. As we're losing out on so much more.

No ones going to ban alcohol! Because it's the drug of choice for the people who make the laws and your just being paranoid if you think it's even a possiblity.

I really don't understand why you think there's something wrong with pointing out to people that cannabis is safer than alcohol. What, I'm supposed to just sit by with my mouth shut while at least 50% of the population pour a toxic poison (that's responible for more damage to society than all other drugs combined) down there throats, well they call me a junkie for smoking a non toxic plant?

Alcohol is a dangerous drug and most people are to ignorant to realize it. People need to be made aware of the imaginary line the government draws between legal and illegal drugs.

The alcohol culture is the only thing that needs to pull it's head out of it's arse, imo.

No ones going to ban alcohol! Because it's the drug of choice for the people who make the laws and your just being paranoid if you think it's even a possiblity.
No, Alcohol probably will never be banned, and there's no paranoia involved either. But there are recommendations of restrictions being made on a daily basis with it. Just in Queensland alone, this month. Their pushing for nightclubs to be closed at 2am and lowering road side breath tests to 0.02. There's a lot more i could rattle off that they've put forward.

I really don't understand why you think there's something wrong with pointing out to people that cannabis is safer than alcohol. What, I'm supposed to just sit by with my mouth shut while at least 50% of the population pour a toxic poison (that's responible for more damage to society than all other drugs combined) down there throats, well they call me a junkie for smoking a non toxic plant?
The thing is, you choose not to understand, jabez. As it doesn't affect you. Just like anyone else that chooses to tune out, like any other prohibitionist. Just try and have a open mind, if people want to kill themselves with alcohol, let them. It's something that doesn't concern you. You make the same mistake, time and time again. When you want to compare Alcohol with Cannabis. And I've told you before that it shouldn't happen between then the two. Simply because Alcohol has more baggage associated with it, and in turn can be turned around to tarnish Canna's image more. If really want me to, I can rattle off numerous reasons why Cannabis Laws should remain the way they are, if you want?

Alcohol is a dangerous drug and most people are to ignorant to realize it. People need to be made aware of the imaginary line the government draws between legal and illegal drugs.

The alcohol culture is the only thing that needs to pull it's head out of it's arse, imo.

Ageed, totally your opinion. Don't you get State and Federal Government advertising appearing in newpapers, magazines and television highlighting the problems associated with Alcohol. If someone has an axe to grind about it. It would be me, because I've witnessed first hand on how it can ruin families and eventually claimed a loved one. But I don't, as alcohol wasn't to blame. it was the consumer and how they abused it.

No, Alcohol probably will never be banned, and there's no paranoia involved either. But there are recommendations of restrictions being made on a daily basis with it. Just in Queensland alone, this month. Their pushing for nightclubs to be closed at 2am and lowering road side breath tests to 0.02. There's a lot more i could rattle off that they've put forward.

Is there honestly any logical reasons why alcohol sales shouldn't be banned after a certain time? I mean, of course in a free world if someone wants to get blind drunk, then that is there choice to make. But to me, policy that makes people decide how much there going to drink before they get blind, just seems like a common sense harm reduction policy, rather than a harmful Prohibitionist policy.

The thing is, you choose not to understand, jabez. As it doesn't affect you. Just like anyone else that chooses to tune out, like any other prohibitionist. Just try and have a open mind, if people want to kill themselves with alcohol, let them. It's something that doesn't concern you. You make the same mistake, time and time again. When you want to compare Alcohol with Cannabis. And I've told you before that it shouldn't happen between then the two. Simply because Alcohol has more baggage associated with it, and in turn can be turned around to tarnish Canna's image more. If really want me to, I can rattle off numerous reasons why Cannabis Laws should remain the way they are, if you want?

But, what you choose not to realize is that I'm not (and I never have) arguing for alcohol (or any other drug) to be made illegal. I'm about getting people who enjoy a drink to realize that there no better (or worse) than someone who enjoys a smoke, or even someone who might enjoy a few lines of coke once in a while, or whatever rocks your boat. In my opinion, a drug is a drug. Anyone that thinks there better because they drink alcohol instead of some other drug, needs reality explained to them like a child, imo.

Your opinion of not comparing alcohol to cannabis is about morals, the problem is drug policy is politics and imo, nothing good comes from combining morals with politics.

When someone is sitting there with a can of beer in there hand, well telling you why "drugs" can never be legalized, it's kind of like holding a royal flush, in a political argument.

Ageed, totally your opinion. Don't you get State and Federal Government advertising appearing in newpapers, magazines and television highlighting the problems associated with Alcohol. If someone has an axe to grind about it. It would be me, because I've witnessed first hand on how it can ruin families and eventually claimed a loved one. But I don't, as alcohol wasn't to blame. it was the consumer and how they abused it.

Yeah, I see those alcohol ads pointing out it's dangers, rarely! But what I see a lot more, is ads that glorify alcohol and what about those stupid morning shows on tv, there constantly making jokes and talking about getting drunk, at 9am in the morning! Half the movies on tv late at night get illegal drug use cut out or censored, but yet these clowns are allowed to sit around on tv at 9am in the morning talking & joking about how drunk there going to get that night, that's BS!

I got no axe to grind when it comes to the drug alcohol. But I do have an axe to grind for people that advertise alcohol as morally justified while claiming all other drug are pure evil.