Vaporizer Curiousity

As far as vapourizers go I have little use for the effect ...very heady...doesn't seem to really kick in. The temperature is critical from what I gather, and the crappy ones you can usually find at a head shop are overpriced and poorly constructed. Have had hits from home made set ups that were way better . Saw a video on Pot tv (internet) recently that showed a german made "volcano" bag vapourizer. They also talked about correct temp for perfect extraction, but I have no way to say they are right. Go check it out. Just a thought if you make your own, clean all surfaces that get hot or you may be huffin fumes from the factory.

i'm wondering if someone can help me out..

i've been a smoker since i can't remember when (hows the irony? :D) and i'm totally oblivious to the concept of vapourisers? can someone tell me what they are and how they work? the benifits? affects? etc.

thanks alot

~Boe~

hi, there is "nothing" inside a bit of mj, it's all on the outside.

the best vaporisors use hat air to vaporise the crystals off the plant leaving the veg. unburnt. result, the res. the whole res. and nothing but the res. so help me god.

IMO the best, cleanest hit i've had for years.

one thing i haven't heared said about vapes is that there is virtually no smell with one. it just smells like someone has been burning a piece of black, nowhere near as much smell as any other method, one joss-stick covers it easily, or even food cooking etc.

i use a VOLCANO it has monged-out everyone who has tried it even 20yr vets, i have waxed lyrical over it on other threads so shall refrain now in case people start to think i work for storz and bickel.

volcano info. at

www.info@storz-bickel.com

i'm wondering if someone can help me out..

i've been a smoker since i can't remember when (hows the irony? :whistle:) and i'm totally oblivious to the concept of vapourisers? can someone tell me what they are and how they work? the benifits? affects? etc.

thanks alot

~Boe~

Bascially you put the pot on an element and heat it up and it will turn black slowly. I use a vapouriser for a chronic stomach condition and they're very easy, you just put some green in the little bowl and turn it on at the switch. You won't be able to see the vapour until you're sucking, it takes a few minutes for it to heat up and start vapourising. You also don't smoke as much green! You have to be prepared to pay a bit for a good one, mine is pretty good but $150 is very expensive, I'd rather buy half an ounce. Do you know about shots? Cheap way to vapourise?

Was just googling to see what info i'd get back from whats chems are found in vapours.

http://www.ukcia.org/research/pipes.php

Read that. It's a MAPS report, basically its an article giving lipservice to their own study, it is not a research report as indicated.

A research report explains how the research was/is being conducted and how it is being tested.

So theres lots of misinformation out there.

Okay I've been vaporizing using a Volcano for about 6 months or so now.

My lungs feel a lot, lot better than when I was smoking. My asthma was playing up a lot before- not now.

I occasionally still have a cone. The other day I had a cone, barely did anything for me. I definitely find using a vaporizer such as the volcano is MORE potent than smoking through a cone.

I gave some to a heavy smoker the other day (they had never tried a vaporizer), and they got INCREDIBLY stoned off 2 baloons from the vaporizer, even 3 hours later they were still too stoned to have more, and this is a friend that smokes 24/7 :D

There are some tricks I use with the Volcano:

I allow it to heat up until I can visibly see a satisfactory amount of vapor coming off the device. I do not attach the baloon until then, otherwise your partly filling it up with air... To see the vapor, you need a strong bright light, and I use something black (but not reflective at all) as a background behind it. You can learn to start seeing the vapor this way, and judge when its time to put the balloon on (about 10-15 seconds after you see the first signs of vapor coming out)

Also I have found that after the 2nd baloon, you get more out of it if you COMPLETELY mash up what is left in the chamber. Use something and CRUSH it up. Because its dry, it has become brittle and it will crack into tiny pieces of dust. Will make it look like their is less in your chamber, but it will vaporize very effectively.

I also have learned to take medium size breaths (the goal is NOT to cough, if you COUGH you have failed, and you are forcing out the THC out of your lungs too early). I hold my breath for as long as I can, usually about 30-50 seconds. This increase the effect a lot.

Every now and then (because you get a lot of variance between baloon to baloon) I smoke TOO MUCH and get paranoid, sometimes even high anxiety for 20-30 minutes... Meh its still worth it :D

People need to be aware that a lot of cheap, CRAPPY vaporizers are out there which are CRAP and do NOT work properly. If you try this as your introduction to vaporizing, I am not surprised people don't like it. You need a Volcano, though I have seen one other vaporizer for about half that price which I think is probably just as good.

I like the taste of the vaporizer BETTER than a pipe, now a pipe makes me gag. Sometimes the vaporizer starts to taste bad, but this is usually when you have pushed to get heaps out of it, and are trying to smoke every last drop of vapor.

One last tip: Sometimes I have the problem that the top bit above the chamber comes off by the force of the air, might be because I've slightly stuffed my volcano, but if you have this problem (tends to happen when the matter is broken into very small particles), the simple solution is to hold it down manually with something while its on and until the baloon is put on it.

Edited by cybergenesis