Vaporizer Curiousity

yer i still love my billies but, i love to smoke.. blunts billies or jays, bongs usually being first on that list. it's not a new method but its still a good one. you want a better hit? get better weed, go fire up some white russian or something, theres always something out there you havent smoked thats going to make you go 'wow'

i'm just keen to give a vape a go just for the sake of it, always keen to try something new.

~Boe~

bongs are just too good, the high, the smoothness, the taste... its all good

But they're not that efficient .. an amount of the vapourised thc never makes it out of the bong (depends on the design) and the reality is you're still inhaling a lot of unneccesary crap (including potential carcinogens). I find myself in the position of loving cannabis but not enjoying smoking (ugh..) - sure, I could ingest it but I'm not always that patient (we live in times of instant gratification after all). That's why I'm getting a vape :)

According to some literature I have, you normally lose 50% of the THC when it's being burnt. With a vapouriser you can get up to 90% of it :D lol

OK .. this is kinda long in the coming but I thought I'd be comprehensive in my testing :D

Had my Aromazap for about a week now and it's a taste to be acquired. As my traditional smoking implement is kinda weeny anyway I found the tip stem of the Aromazap more than large enough for me (not for fans of big lungfulls .. stick to a bucket bong). You really need to grind up your herb well (the unit comes with a grinder but I prefer my tea pot strainer). Drawing is gentle (almost sensual) and less harsh or hot than smoke. Most importantly, having never been a smoker in my life I don't miss haing my teeth, mouth, face and hair smelling of it. The 'zap is very clean - perhaps undramatically so - this is not the smoking implment of those who wish to showboat - it's subtle in use and in effect. Using the same grass the vape gives a longer lasting high without any jangling of the nerves (or paranoia .. not that I ever get that ..). The unit itself is beautiful and the aromatherapy attachment practical and pretty. I do find it a little strange using an electrical implement to "smoke" with but, hey, it's the new millenium and the 'zap is only for home.

Read somewhere that "a bong will get you stoned but a vape will get you high". I'm inclined to agree. It's also like stepping up from drinking beer in a plastic cup to the same beer in a beautiful frosty Stein. Recommended for those who want to be healthier and don't really want to put up with smoke to enjoy the real taste of the fine herb.

All up including postage and a transformer (purchased at Dick Smith's) it cost about $200. Happy to answer additional questions.

i have no quarels with vapes or anything of the nature, but i love the smoke, and along with tom( & his signature), will stick with my bong. i fid it great that stoners are getting out there and trying all the different methods and wouldn't mind doing it myself but my situation isn't convenient for such things (so to speak).

i'll stick with my buckets and glass/bottle billies as i love them, we all have our different tastes and good on us for that, what would a society of pot smokers be if we were all sheep ? t wouldn't be the diverse community we have.

Thanks for the review Gruntus. I have a vape which cost about $150 from Mr Timothy's in Cairns. Maybe when it goes bust and if I have enough dough, I'll get one of those Aromazap's from Dick Smith's....but I too still love the bong. It might get me stoned rather than high, but sometimes I don't have the time to even use my vape. It only really gets used when I have a big training session to do and in preparation, need my lungs to be intact....

we had a blackout last night so I pulled out the ol' bong. ugh...reminds me why I put it away.

I tried Tom's trick of putting a paper towell in the neck, but still coughed up a lung.

I'm going to buy one of those small vapes that work with a blowtorch lighter so I never have to bong again! power or no power :D

I think a vape is an acquired taste and I'm still getting there. Found out just a night ago that it is possible to get quite hammered using one (was beginning to think it was too genteel ..). Better that I could go to sleep after and still breathe (this is why I never go to pubs anymore .. too much damn passive smoking of ciggies. Thinks : passive smoking in cannabis cafe's would probably be just fine ..). Oh BB .. the transformer only came from Dick Smith's .. best you don't go in there asking for an Aramozap. Try www.aromazap.com

It might get me stoned rather than high, but sometimes I don't have the time to even use my vape.

Hey BB,

Grow Australia may have the vape for you.

It's a portable job which plugs into your cars ciggy lighter.

@paranoid: very nice - thankyou. thought of buying one i found in Adelaide when I was there recently, but my new year's resolution is to not smoke and drive any more. especially with the new mj testing being introduced in Vic...so that means, my portable, no-drip bong has to vacate my car too :mellow:

@gruntus: thanks for that. so, let me get this right...the aromazap came from the aromazap website (based in the US I'm guessing?), but u had to buy the transformer from dick smith's?

also, a friend of mine came over for a smoking session and i introduced him to my vape. he was on it for most of the night and was just starting to complain that it wasn't doing anything for him, and he passed out right there and then on the couch ::D:

i love vapes but they must co-exist with my bong :D they certainly do give u a different high - and it's (arguably) better on the good ol' lungs, especially for athletes like myself...