Anyone been to prison in Oz? Got busted bad!

it really depends on where you are going?? what state your in may give you an idea?? have you ever had any assault or violence charges?? avo"s or a history? if no you have a chance of going to a low security....this is a walk in the park you may even leave with a tafe diploma B) noone else there wants to fuck up and go to the big house so most just chill and do thier time.

if violence is about or a grumpy judge or they consider commercial..... then just blend in , dont stick your head out ,dont be loud or obnonxius and dont act like a tuff kunt unless you are(then you will defo find out!)

you gotta remember its a community in there there is a hole hierarchy you dont understand yet you may think somebody is nothing but if they are above you (p.s every kunt is above you!!) they can cause big problems

the best thing you can have early is someone talk to you and take you under his wing early to tell you all the rules!

agin just blend in ....dont stick out and all shall be good

p.s i think your case needs a lot more work before you wory about lockup no priors you should be able to get suspended or good behaviour with the right defence! goodluck

budgie

Hey Budgie

Yeah Ive got several priors for the same thing and thats the problem. Nothing violence related. I was told last time that if I fronted court again I would be seeing the inside of a jail cell. The cops that got me have been trying to get me sent down for years. It became a real game of cat and mouse and quite personal for this one fat detective. I know 22 plants and a kilo of buds dont sound like much but with my record its more than enough! They originally charged me with a bunch of other stuff- supply / dealing in the proceeds of crime / resist arrest etc... My lawyer cut a deal and I agreed to plead guilty to the cultivation. So I get sentenced on thursday. Luckily I dont have a wife and kids to worry about. Just trying to prepare mentally for a stay inside. Yep Im scared shitless! Geez I mean you hear all these stories about the showers, I dont know if its bullshit or what? Im in NSW and the lawyer reckons Im a good chance of minimum security after classification.

if u have no violence or any more court

once sentanced u will be given a c clisification

ofc depending on sentance

becareful bacause being a c clasification is a farm

and farms is where they try to reintergrate the paedophiles and scum from protection

basic rules apply be smart

be courteos but dont be overly

treat others with respect and u should avoid any dramas

find yaself a couple of friends and get into training

get healthy whilst u have the chance

if some1 hits u hit them back stand up for yaself

farms will more than likely have comunal showers

unless u want to be raped it probably wont happen

body language goes along way

most of all dont talk to screws or people from the bone yard

stay away from the politics as u will be a overnighter and the longer term prisoners will think of u as a drunk

as in short term prisoner like in a drunk tank...B)

any specifics just ask

take care

bil

Fuck bro not good, i dont know from personal experience but i've been told from a few mates that generally aslong as you keep your mouth shut and mind your own business you should be right. From what they've told me it isnt actually THAT bad in there, but i suppose it depends where you go too. Good luck with it mate, hopefully they judge might be in a good mood ay.

Livo

Nah thats definately not true. People get sticked for no reason.

Bil,

What about asking another prisoner what they are in for? Ive heard its a massive no no... Also will I be in a cell by myself or with others if I end up in minimum? Any idea what time you are locked down for during the night?

hey hey

thats a personal thing some get ofended others dont

not the sort of thing u ask upon meeting

maybe after u feel comfortable around em then may appropriate to ask

other prisoners should let ui know whos the scum

i wouldnt give the bone yarders and paedophiles the time of day

remember the company u keep often reflects u,well certainly interpreted that way in there

at 1st depending on wat jail u are inducted to will decide ya sleeping arrangements

untill u are classified be prepared to share

but once u are classafied and at a farm u should get a single cell although there aRE some dorm style farms

in maxo be prepared to be locked down from about 3-330 in the arvo state dependant

830-9am let go muster at 12 ish and lunch into cell. let go at 1 13o- ish 3-330 muster dineer to ya cell and lcoked in till next morn .... i think soem qld max jails let u out till like 430-5pm

but once at a farm u wil be expected to be in ya cell some time before 11pm

but also expect probably 5 musters daily at a farm

hope that helps abit

thin gs may have changed as its been a while since i been in custody

but thats how i remember it

bil

Yer that is how i remember it billo, i was a class c and went to long bay prison farm, but that was over 20 years back now.

But all advice that has been given if i take heed u should be rite, but as bill said if some one wants to take you on fight until u knock them on there ass or until u can fight no longer and after that you should be ok as others will know u will not back down...