New hydroponics laws take effect

No shit BSE, how easy is that, just get someone else to buy it for ya. Problem solved.

You'd think most hydro shops will just sell the stuff to people they know without asking for id anyway, especially the big growers. The cops will probably get out there doing there undercover BS trying to buy equipment without id at first, but I'm sure it'll all settle down very quickly.

This whole thing really doesn't seem like a huge deal, I mean there not actually making anything illegal.

And if enough people set up veggie grow's to help supply their mates, and the police get all these names and addresses, they are going to get pretty tired of wasting there time and energy getting warrant's and stuff only to literally find tomatoes and chilli's growing. Can you imagine, officer Plod "Whats all this then" as he enters growroom. "Its tomato's I swear" says helpful mate who likes his mates smoke :yahoo:

Edited by bloodshot_eyes

:)

I don't think it's that simple ...

This whole thing really doesn't seem like a huge deal, I mean there not actually making anything illegal.

Well , they Are actually ... It'll be illegal to purchase ALL those Hydroponic 'implements' without I.D. ... which will then , when purchased , go into a Computer Database for tracking purposes. (Why else?) :yahoo:

"Getting a Friend to Buy your Hydro Gear , 2 cartons! ... Friend getting quizzed about the purchased Equipment by the coppers at the door , Priceless!" :)

There will be many ways to get around it for a while (especially those with the drive and know-how) ... doesn't change the fact that it's yet another step closer to being totally controlled by the Criminal Corporate Pseudo-Political Financial System.

If It were as easy as Growing tomatoes instead of Cannabis to throw off the scent (so to speak) ... It kinda defeats the purpose and makes little sense to me. ;)

Once Implemented (these types of Laws) there is no going back ... for all these Newer Draconian Laws , It seems the people have no choice in the matter. (Remember that the sense of Power the "authorities and controllers" have in these modern times is very consuming ... the old beliefs hold strong as long as the old fools and their families exist ... to give it up is not a consideration to most of these Old Fuckers. They Made it All They Want it All. Everyone has known a nagging oldie that thinks they know it all ... deserve more and deserve more respect regardless of how dated and silly their views are. Awww , C'mon Dad ... even with your brains and all the evidence presented ... you mean to say you'll always be this stubborn? ... Sheesh!) ;)

All one needs to do to realize the absolute idiocracy of our modern society ... is to get "Old" ... unfortunatly , by that time it's generally too late ;)

(yes , yes ... I jest :) )

I dunno what to say ... It's very obvious as to how this society will function progressively from now.

Control is the order of the day ... And there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it aside from exploding the entire planet instantly (quite possible , It's the Fogies Back-Up Plan :) )

Anyone who thinks 'Democracy' or 'Voting' is going to help is seriously deluded. (Common knowledge now yeh?)

"This Means War!" has never been so apt. lol

With laws like these ... who needs Law.

Dissent will only satisfy in the short term.

These laws (and many others) are just the beginning. lol

Fuck The System!

and Cheerz :)

Budman :)

Have A Nice Day :P

It will be no harder to buy hydro equipment in SA, than it was buying alcohol before you were 18. In other words, all you'll need to do is get someone to buy it for ya. How often does a person need a new carbon filter or lighting anyway? Surely everyone has a family member or friend that ain't a dog and won't lag you in if they do come knocking on there door.

Anyway, I still don't think buying hydro equipment will be cause for a search warrant, even with these laws. So if some copper comes knocking on your door asking why you have the equipment, all you need to do is tell them to bend over so you can show them, fuck em!

I really don't think the people who wrote these laws are ignorant enough to believe this will have any effect on the SA cannabis industry, it just makes for a good story to flash in the papers to make it look like there being tough on crime. I can't even see how they'll be able to enforce it in the long run.

That's true Jabez. They love a good flash in the papers down here. They shut me down in 2008, and after a couple of years of all these newspaper articles on how much tougher the law was getting. i was shittin myself leading up to court as I had a whole house set up practically. I got a $1200 fine. If it wasn't for the fact that I have a 2yr old bub that gets dropped off to me weekly by my ex, and that it was my ex that made the call to them - i would of set straight back up after that.

It's a scare campaign. But like i said before, even after all these years of doing this, the price here is still the lowest in Oz.

I would love to sit in on one of these meetings when they're making these laws and ask: "Why bother?"

They shut me down in 2008, and after a couple of years of all these newspaper articles on how much tougher the law was getting. i was shittin myself leading up to court as I had a whole house set up practically. I got a $1200 fine.

I have heard of and known several people who have been busted over the years and after shitting themselves for months and months on end leading up to court it all ended with a slap on the wrist. It was actually the SA judges that pushed for decriminalisation back in 1987 to lighten their workload and free up the clogged criminal justice system. I reckon a lot of SA judges couldn't give two flying shits about weed and many of them are of the Adelaide class that enjoys a joint with their shiraz. The other Adelaide judges get together and do acid in secret bunkers dressed in S&M gear whilst interfering with young children; so the rumors say....

These laws will clearly play into the hands of organised crime, it'll hurt personal growers the most :punk:

I agree.

The commercial operators will simply travel interstate and bulk purchase in cash all the nutes and replacement lamps necessary for 2 to 3 years of cultivation. After all much of their product heads interstate. Victorian hydro shops will find sales in nutes and lamps surge.