New hydroponics laws take effect

• Admin
New laws have taken effect in South Australia aimed at cracking down on hydroponic cannabis crops.

The legislation targets sellers of hydroponic equipment, with staff required to submit to character checks.

SA Police Minister Michael Wright says people who cultivate cannabis are the target, including bikie gang members.

"The new laws are an Australian first. From today, well there'll be a transitional period of three months but you'll need to apply to the Police Commissioner for a licence to operate," he said.

"In part it is certainly aimed at bikie gangs because the evidence is there that they are involved in the hydroponic cultivation of large quantities of cannabis.

"People growing tomatoes, flowers, things like that won't be affected."

Author: N/A

Date: 01/03/2010

Source: ABC News

Copyright: � 2010 ABC

I dont live in SA, but fuck im sick of these dick heads.

They must have their heads so far up their own asses if they think this will change anything.

Yeah right its going to stop the bikies buying equipment.. im sure they have many suppliers Australia wide.

This is a massive waste of police resources that could be better spent on actual real crimes that take place everyday.

It just seems like AUS is continually going in the other direction when it comes to cannabis.

im confused.

Time for you Southies to start shopping at bunnings, lighting wholesalers and buy direct from honkas(china + hong kong) for carbon filters.

Back flip with a twist, I thought the coppers where going after the dealers and Mr big. my local area is having a rough trot of late ive had to crawl back into my hole. TRG at my lacal shopping centre thismorning doing there thing on a public holiday.

The local rag is full of busts where they normally report home breaks, stolen cars apparently the biggest offensive against pot coinciding with a laughable report on Sunday night after news. Anyone else see that BS.?

Largest busting/ clean up(coastal/peel area) ever they say, in total last week 6kg was taken off the streets and 64lights removed. One guy is loosing his farm and Wharehouse for just a small part of the total siezed goods and pot.. Sad really those 64 lights should have been pumping out 240kg per year.

This has me stuffed .

the only crime surrounding cannabis that i ever hear about is just the poor buggers who grow it .

you don't read about crazed dope smokers bashing others in pubs .

i cant remember reading about any car accidents were people died directly as a result of smoking pot .

has any one heard of a murderer or rapist who said the pot made me do it .

can anyone tell me of any crime people might commit because they were stoned .

Yep i reckon these hydro laws sound a bit crazy to me .

why don't they spend there money on more important issues .

A truck driver crashes into a light post severely injuring two people, the police found in the truck drivers interior the following contents.

1 burst condom

1 air freshener

half a pack of chips

a coffee flask

Several empty beer cans

and in the drivers ash tray a small bag of buds

"AHAH!!" cries out the police officer pulling the bag of weed out of the ash tray while searching truck "See this here! he was.. he was smoking MA REE WAAAA NAH!!!! if he didn't smoke Marijuana he wouldn't have crashed the vehicle"

You as the buyer have to provide 100 points of I.D for any "prescribed equipment" which basically means HID lighting greater than 250W, ballasts, shades, cooltubes, carbon filters and a few other bits and pieces I cant remember. Nutrients, growing mediums, compact fluro's, LED's and most other bits and pieces aren't effected. Only those "key" bits of equipment. Most growers in SA will have already stocked up and I'd imagine lights & stuff will end up been sold "under the counter" from some of the shops eventually. I'd doubt it will stop one person from growing..

P.S. I know of one outlet that has no computer, eftpos of credit card facilities and never give out receipts no matter how big or small the purchase. How the hell are they going to police the laws with that mob. You would have no idea what goes in and out of that place and I wouldn't be surprised if the owners have no idea either.

Edited by bloodshot_eyes