hey,

The autoflower trait is when a mother plant is grown at 18on/6off or 22/2 even and starts to preflower. You try to correct this by giving them 24 hours light but in most cases its to late to revert. They will still grow under 24 hours light but with preflower hairs and the growth rates compared to the non autoflower is about 1/3-1/2. There is little difference in yield between the two, but your only choices when it autoflowers is to flower it out as is, clone it and sog the offspring or suffer slower veg times. hope that helps

Thanks Stonedas,that has really cleared things up for me and given me a better understanding of growth cycles,I understand now what u mean and try to keep them in a veg stage as long as possible to get big enough to successfly clone them and if decided flower out all the mums and re-cycle again with clones.I dont keep mums just in veg state: i like to flower all my plants and redo from clone) i intent to clone when my existing females are big enough,start new clones off in fluros and flower plants that were the mums and re-do the cycle.

hey,

Heres a little tip for you, try cloning the top of the plant or branch for a 8-12" clone root it in a 2-4" cube and support it by leaning against a wall of the clone dome(clear recycling tub). As long as you have it tight in the cube so it wont shake about and fairly tight up top by leaning on other clones or the wall it will take. This will give you a great mother plant and save veg time aswell. Hope that helps