hothouse skunks

Thanks guys, the neighbours are staying on their side of the fence, it's an improvement on the last lot, but not by much... the mates/family (?) that helped them move in also helped themselves to Bruce, my cat. Rather bizarre, but the neighbour across the street says she saw them stop, grab the cat and bundle it into the car on their way out last week.

Don't really know what to make of that... :peace:

Anyway, spruced up the greenhouse ventilation this evening with a pair of new box fans and had a general cleanup. Will try and remember batteries tomorrow to get some new pics up.

TY guys, I don't think Brucey is going to be returning... I'm not overly fond of cats and don't wish to draw any attention to myself, so I wont be making a fuss about it. He was a stray to begin with and they may well have assumed the same seeing as he was always in the front garden or on the footpath out front.

I agree Gills, the growing is the addictive part and not just ganja growing. I produce quite a bit of food off my 1/5 of an acre, fruit, veggies, herbs, eggs as well as medicinals and ornamentals. Retiring to a life of small-scale anarchy has been most satisfying.

Forgot the batteries twice today, memory is rooted :peace:

Pinched batteries from another appliance for a few pics...

Skunk#1 seed plant, standing 5 ft tall from floor (3ft from soil level), 5 ft wide and 3 ft deep. Currently running through 8 - 10 litres of nutrient solution daily, feeding twice daily 1.7ml/L canna coco a+b, 1.5 ml/L pk 13/14, 2 ml/L seaweed and mollases (premixed solution 1:1:1- molasses, seaweed extract, water).

post-20731-1266648343_thumb.jpg

post-20731-1266648687_thumb.jpg

post-20731-1266650871_thumb.jpg

A closer look, half way down and towards the centre of the plant reveals the mite activity... all the others are still clean... if she were smaller I'd move to the quarantine pen (4'x4'x6' parrot aviary, revamped for greenery), but she's too big to get in the door. As it is she'll be first to harvest.

post-20731-1266648385_thumb.jpg

The large clones now stand at 2'6'' - 3'2'', feeding once daily apporx 6 litres 2 ml/L canna coco a+b, 1ml/L pk13/14, 1.5 ml/L seaweed and molasses.

post-20731-1266651050_thumb.jpg

post-20731-1266648572_thumb.jpg

Out in the courtyard the vegging clones, sk#1 on the left, ppp on the right 2m/L canna coco a+b. And a test clone, measuring stretch and transition. Must remember to check the date she went out 'cause she developing pistil clusters.

post-20731-1266648298_thumb.jpgpost-20731-1266648626_thumb.jpg

Revamping the ventilation was a good idea, on a warm afternoon I could smell the girls about 9 feet from the greenhouse door. Now the extraction fan is sucking the air out the other side and into the body of my lemon tree, so no smell until you get over the threshold and no detectable smell at the vent thanks to the lemon tree. And much less risk of a neighbour smelling them from the other side of the fence.

Lou :peace:

This one wouldn't upload before...

In the first post there is a pic of a clone in a 9L white pot... potted up a few days ago into 35L and out growing all the others. I usually top to restrict height but I decided to have one run natural. She's doubled her height in the last 3 weeks and doesn't look ready to stop yet.

post-20731-1266655767_thumb.jpg

Lou :peace: