What is going wrong! Please help! Experts only please...

Re- stop flushing every week, i've been told by everyone who grows in coco that this is necessary because the salts start building up and causing problems. Also, flushing regularly doesn't cause ph imbalances if using ph adjusted water, the ph in the coco tends to rise after a while so flushing actually brings it back down to the required range.

Also, re the tmv virus theory, the ph doesn't drop when going through the coco, it raises a little. So things seem to point against this theory, but I appreciate the suggestion.

This is interesting, posting here for my reference. Refers to water quality and problems etc. Page 36:

http://issuu.com/maximum-yield/docs/my_aus...&mode=embed

very, very interesting Benny , thanks for that

and an advert. also alerted me to another Scarid fly solution >:(

:peace:

sorry i have no idea of your plant problem, but its a great thread all the same B)

Back on track! It was a combination of too low Ph to start (5.6) and nute burning. They are thriving now. The EC levels I was using were recommended to me by the store and they nearly killed my girls. I guess it's all strain-dependent, but then I thought I was using the same as my mate? Doesn't matter I guess, all good now

hey hey great to hear your back on track

i had a feeling it was PH issues coupled together with resulting nute burn, although keep an eye on that tent next time you use it i and many others have had issues that looked very similar to your problem when first using tents. I had to hook up a frikin jet engine fan to get rid of all the chems being leached off my tent once it was set up....

Anyhoo good to hear your rocking along again

keep it green man

cheerz lol

Hi,

You have a classic case of TMV virus, ie.. 3 point leaf, ph dropping, burnt leaf, leaf loss of shine and texture, plants look stunted, growing very slowly.

Very, very commmon around Sydney,Newie and Wollongong at moment.

Cure = there is none, remove plants and double bleach everything (bottles, walls ,ground.. everything), after bleaching buy some Virkin S, which is effective against all major virus families affecting man and plants, and spray with that.

What ever you can afford to throw out than do so, this virus lasts 100 years without dying in a speck of leaf on the floor, can also be passed in the water, so in a recycling system you are finished.

Thirdly, DO NOT GET CLONES OFF YOUR FRIENDS, this virus can never be cured once the plant is infected, buy some seeds and start again.

Peace Jack

You can always count on getting the good mail off of an old fart.(thats in life, i hope it's the same on this site).

With there age comes wisdom.

.....Pisslips....