EDIT to NSW

lucky bugger, well soon as I get this email back off customs Ill post it up for all to see.

I blew their heads off in the previous email quite politely, and threatened them with the ombudsman if they didnt respond I imported it, and the legal information I requested was not presented to me.

I figured that gets government workers off their fucking lazy ass for once.

I think the best weapon against the police so far has been krispy kreme. 6 hours to work off one doughnut, those fucken things should be made illegal!

heres the email I sent customs

Hi I have emailed in the past trying to get a straight answer, and so far no one has helped me or given me a straight answer regarding the importation of smoking paraphinalia into NSW. I am aware that regarding waterpipes in NSW it is the display and sale which is illegal, but there seems to be no information regarding the importation of such items into in to NSW from overseas. From what I have read already it is legal interstate but I am not so sure regarding internationally. On previous attempts of asking politely I have recieved point blank responses in some cases quite rude.

I still have not had my question answered going back more than 6 months, and it is very simple and im sure the ombudsman would be interested regarding denied requests for information to which you are legally required to give out.

'If one were to import such an item would it be seized by customs even if it were simply for ornamental purposes'.

I am aware that it is not illegal under federal law, but still no one has answered my question in regards to would it be seized upon inspection by customs?

Could some one please help as I do not want to breach any laws or land myself in a heap of trouble.

Thank you for your time

The email I received back

Thank you for your enquiry about importing smoking paraphernalia.

You would have to give us a bit more information about exactly what you are asking about, including pictures and/or hyperlinks, whether it is new or used, quantity and origin. All these factors can determine the legality for importation purposes.

Australian Customs and Border Protection Service cannot provide you with the definitive answer you are requesting as we require a definitive question. Your definitive question may need to be forwarded to our Policy Section for a definitive answer.

Regards

Yeah I want to get as much information on this topic to be 100% certian, and to help others in NSW.