I know this is a cannabis site, but i was just wondering if anyone on this site knew anything about the opium scene in australia. I'm just curious about it but can't seem to find any kind of information on opium without hearing more crap about heroin. I'm really just curious about pure opium itself as a smoked drug, just for the knowledge i do not intend to use it, and was wondering if anyone had any information.

thanks

Nothing to be skeptical about! You can buy poppy seeds at the supermarket usually in 100 gram bags, you can put them in the ground in spring or autum and grow some poppy flowers, or just make poppy seed tea with them.

Judge duggan needs a reality check, ignorant old man! Why would he be so suprised about someone managing to grow a naturally occuring plant. You can't prohibit nature!

I smoked some about 25 years ago so my memory isn't likely to be good. Anyway it used to grow wild in the mountains in the Northern tablelands of NSW supposedly left over from Chinese miners. Grew near a mates house. We used to cut vertical slits in the flower pod after the petals had opened, white resin would come out. You then wait until it is dry and then mix it with pot (it was sticky). Only did this a couple of times and got a relaxing stone. I prefer just pot to be honest. Opium is very addictive and it can kill you. Don't treat it lightly just because it is a plant. I can understand your curiosity but this really is a pot site.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/opiates/opiates.shtml

Hey thanks for the replies, but has anyone here actually smoked opium? Is it worth it? or even possible?

Hey Green Dragon.

Opium is easier to grow than Gunja.

I had some growing in my garden

I didn't know they were opium poppies at the the time.

Any ways I collected the seeds and this year I grew about 50 plants.

Its simple to extract the opium.

Wait for the plants to seed and dry in the sun.

Cut them of at the base and shake out the seeds for later.

Cut up all thats left..I used a blender with a small amount of H2O

Put the straw into a pot and cover with water.

Heat up slowly.....do not boil.....for 20 minutes or so

Remove all the straw and strain whats left through some cheese cloth or similar.

You will need a double boiler to reduce the liquid till all thats left is a molasses like substance.

DO NOT LET THIS BURN!!!!!!

Scrape out what you can onto a small dish

Its very sticky and bitter to taste.

Throw some buds or leaf over whats left to soak up the dregs.

Know you can smoke opium laced gunja.

The opium in the dish will take while to dry out.

When its dry to the tuch you can start kneading it.

Then you can role up little balls

about this size....O.....

similar way you would smoke hash

It is addictive.. once every 4 days is ok imo.

Enjoy