A Quick Drying Process

G'day Fellow Stoners. :)

I've been meaning to show this method of 'Flash Drying' some wet buds 'n have it smokable in under 15 minutes. It's similar to an old cooking/heating method known as Bain - marie, that has been practiced for many years. The only difference, the bowl isn't submersed in boiling water, but above it by a few centimeters. Also, no lid because we want the moisture to evapourate, out of the plant matter.

We all know of various methods of drying out in microwaves. But lets be honest, every now 'n then we come across a mix that someone has stuffed up by burning it and tainting with that crappy flavour that microwaves are known to do. This way I do it, eliminates any chances of that crappy taste and makes it pretty fail safe as long as you don't disappear during the drying process.

OK, what you'll need..

1 Stove Top

1 Small Saucepan

1/2 a litre of Water

1 Breakfast Bowl (not plastic)

1 Metal Fork

A pair of Scissors

1 Tea Towel and/or Oven Mitten

Step 1

Turn on a element, on the Stove Top to high, and place Saucepan with 1/2 a litre of water in it, on the Stove Top.

post-10745-1258280080_thumb.jpg

Step 2

Grab the scissors, Breakfast Bowl and Buds..

post-10745-1258280144_thumb.jpg

Step 3

Because this little branch had a tasty looking crown bud on the tip,

I thought I'd put that aside to dry over the next day or two..

Anyway, trimmed it up and put bud aside..

post-10745-1258280273_thumb.jpg

Step 4

Mull up the lower buds as to what you would for a mix.

post-10745-1258280618_thumb.jpg

Step 5

Return to the Stove Top and by this time you might have boiling water.

It's important that you don't boil it dry. Try and keep 2 to 5 centimeters of water in it at all times.post-10745-1258280759_thumb.jpg

Step 6

Also as you'll see here, make sure the breakfast bowl sits in the top of the Saucepan.

This way the steam won't cool and recondense in the mix and ruin it.

Plus assists with removal from Stove Top, later on..

post-10745-1258281159_thumb.jpg

Step 7

Place the Bowl on top of the Saucepan and continually stir it once you feel the temperature rising.

It's important that you don't get side-tracked or disappear for the next several minutes while drying process is on.

After the first couple of minutes you'll notice that the mix is starting to dry out.post-10745-1258286020_thumb.jpg

Step 8

By the 7 to 10 minute mark, your mix should nearly be ready.

Once it feels like it's about 50% dry. Get ready to remove the Bowl from Saucepan.

post-10745-1258282074_thumb.jpg

Step 9

Either grab your Tea Towel or bung on your Oven Mitten and remove Bowl, off the top.

Be careful and try and raise the lip of the bowl, futherest away from your hand, up first.

This way any steam will be released away from you and minimize any chance of burning yourself.

post-10745-1258282271_thumb.jpg

Step 10

For the next couple of minutes, just continue swirling and mixing around with your fingers,

while grasping the hot Bowl with the Tea Towel or Oven Mitten. As it becomes more apparent to how the

Bowl is cooling and how the mix is drying. You should be able to judge how the mix will dry. If it still feels a bit damp,

return to the Saucepan and repeat 'Step 7'. If it feels like it's drying out too fast, empty the mix into another bowl that is at room temperature.

This way it'll stop the drying process, by removing the heat.

If you choose to dry in this manner, several times. You'd have it mastered and know what to expect during the process. It seems messy and time consuming. But I reckon the results speak for themselves, compared to when it comes other flash dried menthods. Each to their own though... :D

:)

• Upvote 3

As for that lil' crown bud.. It got manicured and slipped into a brown paper bag,

like you would get from some bottle shops.

post-10745-1258283722_thumb.jpg

Folded over and placed on top of some electrical equipment that radiates some heat. Like on top of a Fridge, PC Tower, TV or Monitor. While opening it up 2 or 3 times a day and exchanging the air, inside the bag. Until it's dry enough to smoke it.

post-10745-1258283910_thumb.jpg

Best way to dry a little chop in "UNDER 15 MINS"

is to chop her up, put her in a shiny bowl,

Put her under a standard 60w bulb for 30second intervals,

stringing each time.

Do that for 5 mins and that's the driest and quickest way to do it in under 15 mins.

I personally would be unable to get all the equipment out,

cook on the stove, then clean up. Too much time...

Like I said, this is for drying in under 15mins,

not curing, so dont rage at me for using light / heat to dry.

Cyclone -

I have never tried either techniques you two mentioned above but surely this must ruin your smoke!? Light and heat break down thc, that seccond post about under a light has to litterally fry your smoke?!?! Could you get hold of some cured smoke untill yours is ready?! madness

;) Give it a go Tompy, I think you will be surprised how well it works.

Peace MongyMan

The general consensus is to dry 'n cure your dope in the normal manner. I don't know where I've gone wrong with this tut, but it was only intended to highlight an old school method for flash drying out a bit of smoko, just to tie one over a while, while you wait for something to dry naturally.

If your flash drying dope and it's coming out bruised, burnt, taste foul, too dry, too wet ,makes you cough, causes you crap daisies or screwed up in any other manner. You can't be doing too much right. This method i posted has been a fail safe method i've been using some 20 odd years WHEN I NEED TO FLASH DRY SOME HERB ONLY.

Also, It's neither the 'Best' way. It's only one way of many to go about it.

• Oz unpinned this topic