M.C.G

its been a long time since i posted on this site.

and im starting this thread early to see what people think.

i plan to grow a very small fem plant from an autoflower strain called "russian rocket fuel "

i ordered the seeds a little while back and ive been planning this for a few weeks now.

i have just moved to melbourne.

living with my sister and one other and she has told me NO PLANTS!

well i have scoped a spot but there are problems..

heat. the plant will be growing on a tin roof through the hottest part of melbourne summer.

-there will be wind, which normally would bot be an issue. but this time because of the need for stealth this plant must be grown in a wooden box and be made to look like just some wood scraps.

now this is very different from my last grow. the total yield if im successful will only be around 1oz.

the last grow was also one plant, but its total yield was over 34oz.

the pros:

the plant will definitely be female and will stay very short.

the roof has a 50 cm brick facade that will completely hide the box! without this i could not attempt this grow

cons: heat and because of the need for some kind of box - wind.

now if the wind blows the box right off the roof it will be game over. so my idea is to simply throw around 6-8 bricks into the box with the plant. also the facade of bricks will shelter the box from any northern winds. but not from east or west.

so i have till around xmas to come up with my box design that could make or break my attempt. because the strain is an autoflower it has a limited lifespan and wont take longer than 10 weeks from seed.

if anyone has any worthwhile advice, as i have never attempted this kind of grow before, please do not hesitate.

note i will upload pictures of the facade and the immediate vacinity asap(in the morning)

i could just go out and buy it sure. but growing is my hobby.

and cannabis is the fastest growing, best performing plant on earth. im not really much of a smoker, and over the last 4 years i

have been recovering from an illness, and unable to grow anything.

now i have my independence back and i'm going to put the effort in just for 1 oz. the fun for me is in the growing.

if heat or wind or something else ruins my attempt, im not about to go out and slit my wrists. but yes i will go to some lengths to

produce some quality weed.

well the strain has been bred to "autoflower", which means that the plant will owsbegin to flower independent of any light

conditions when it is around 3 weeks old. so this means it will ready ready to harvest in about 10 weeks from seed. great for

guerilla style grows.and really the only option that i have.

Hey Man I like your keenness. I would be paying special attention too your soil temps and insulating the sides of your pot from excessive heat. Also keep the top of the soil from baking by adding layer of perlite or mulch. The rest is kinda obvious. Maybe use a simple polystyrene brocoli container with holes in the bottom. Also Id be wary of using potting mix from the hardware as they can tend towards barky crud that dries too quick. Im not an expert on potting mix though. You could always use coco and coco nutes. Your yield can double over soil. Good luck