Hey guys

Been reading the cannabis grow bible(LOVE IT), and it says that, for vegetative growth, NPK ratios of 12-12-12 and 20-20-20 are the best. Problem is, i went down to my bunnings today, and couldnt find a single nutrient product that had the ratios i was looking for. Kept finding things like 20-12-4, 12-18-10 and so on. Where do people buy their nutes from? Maybe its just my local bunnings, or do i have to go to a proper hydroponics shop? A specific brand would be very helpful too.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Peace

Hey guys

Been reading the cannabis grow bible(LOVE IT), and it says that, for vegetative growth, NPK ratios of 12-12-12 and 20-20-20 are the best. Problem is, i went down to my bunnings today, and couldnt find a single nutrient product that had the ratios i was looking for. Kept finding things like 20-12-4, 12-18-10 and so on. Where do people buy their nutes from? Maybe its just my local bunnings, or do i have to go to a proper hydroponics shop? A specific brand would be very helpful too.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Peace

I have never seen nutes with even ratios in NPK. Not that I have looked that hard. Remember the bible is all American and maybe they have those type of nutes over there. For veg you need a nute with a high % of nitrogen like the 20-12-14. Yates fish emulision has a good range of nutes. :peace:

is this the cannabible by greg green?

best advice i can give... throw that book in the bin.. or use it to start the wood heater.. cuz thats about as much use as youll get from that book.. the Author even states in the book.. that he doesnt grow.. and all the stuff in his book is a compilation of other growers works... ummm oooo....kaaaaayyy... so if you didnt grow how could you sift through all the bullshit thats around.. and thats what you get with this book.. some good info.. infused amongst a lot of crap...

a couple of books i can recommend.. Mel Frank.. he has 3 books.. he probably has more.. but these 3 are the ducks guts.. the growers guide.. which is a general growers book.. with indoor and outdoor techniques.. the insiders guide.. which has a more concentrated info regarding indoor grown.. and greenhouse grown.. and lastly.. the outsiders guide.. name says it all..

pretty much any of these 3 books will see you though to a good crop.. these books are fairly old.. like late 70's or something.. but still hold relevence to day

Indoor Horticulture by George Cervantes.. a good book for indoor growing.. he has a whole series of books and DVD's.. probably worth checking out..

Marijuana Botany.. probably the best book around that gives you the run down about cannabis.. a great book all round..

Growing Marijuana Soma style... a great book for a beginner grower using organic methods..

now.. to answer your Q... vegetative mediums will generally carry twice the amount of N than P and K... then flowering medium will carry more P and K than N... so ratios should read for a growing/veg 10.5.5.. or something alike.. and a flowering will read.. 10.20.20.. or something like it...

simple rule to follow.. for now and always.. growing.. double the nitrogen.. (N)

flowering.. double the Phosphorus(P) and Potassium (K) .. NPK...

personally i use hydroponic systems with an inert medium.. and ad my nutrients using hydroponic nutrients with organic nutrients( my own worm juice) during flowering.. ive added molasses to my wormjuice which seems to be working excellently... this way im in more control with the nutrient regime with out creating imbalances which soils can sometimes create.. well thats my excuse and im sticking with it.:peace:

for a hydroponic nutrient i use Dutch Master.. usually only available in a hydroponics shops.. some bunnings may stock it..or other hydro nutes.. but i wouldnt rely on it...

is this the cannabible by greg green?

best advice i can give... throw that book in the bin.. or use it to start the wood heater.. cuz thats about as much use as youll get from that book.. the Author even states in the book.. that he doesnt grow.. and all the stuff in his book is a compilation of other growers works... ummm oooo....kaaaaayyy... so if you didnt grow how could you sift through all the bullshit thats around.. and thats what you get with this book.. some good info.. infused amongst a lot of crap...

a couple of books i can recommend.. Mel Frank.. he has 3 books.. he probably has more.. but these 3 are the ducks guts.. the growers guide.. which is a general growers book.. with indoor and outdoor techniques.. the insiders guide.. which has a more concentrated info regarding indoor grown.. and greenhouse grown.. and lastly.. the outsiders guide.. name says it all..

pretty much any of these 3 books will see you though to a good crop.. these books are fairly old.. like late 70's or something.. but still hold relevence to day

Indoor Horticulture by George Cervantes.. a good book for indoor growing.. he has a whole series of books and DVD's.. probably worth checking out..

Marijuana Botany.. probably the best book around that gives you the run down about cannabis.. a great book all round..

Growing Marijuana Soma style... a great book for a beginner grower using organic methods..

now.. to answer your Q... vegetative mediums will generally carry twice the amount of N than P and K... then flowering medium will carry more P and K than N... so ratios should read for a growing/veg 10.5.5.. or something alike.. and a flowering will read.. 10.20.20.. or something like it...

simple rule to follow.. for now and always.. growing.. double the nitrogen.. (N)

flowering.. double the Phosphorus(P) and Potassium (K) .. NPK...

personally i use hydroponic systems with an inert medium.. and ad my nutrients using hydroponic nutrients with organic nutrients( my own worm juice) during flowering.. ive added molasses to my wormjuice which seems to be working excellently... this way im in more control with the nutrient regime with out creating imbalances which soils can sometimes create.. well thats my excuse and im sticking with it.:peace:

for a hydroponic nutrient i use Dutch Master.. usually only available in a hydroponics shops.. some bunnings may stock it..or other hydro nutes.. but i wouldnt rely on it...

Thanks for the advice Frazz. Yes it is the Grow Bible, I should have done a little more research before following that book to the letter, although it seemed pretty legit. Thats a great list of books man, sounds like 'mj botany' and 'growing mj soma style' are the books for me.

That being said, i have a pack of Aquasol, the ratios are 23-4-18, personally i think its a little bit low on P for vegetative growth, any thoughts?

It's a north american book. They list P and K differently. I've just explained this on a thread. They list K as K20 and P as P205. K as K2O is only 83% elemental K and P as P205 is only 43% elemental P so 20-20-20 is 20-8.6-16.6. What you need to do is multiply 20 by 0.83 and 0.43 to establish elemental values which is how they do in Australia and most of the world.

Buy Integral Hydroponics - Glow knows his stuff. It's for hydroponics but all the information is also ideal for soil growing.