peyote?

i had some a few years ago in the uk, tasted terrible worst thing ive ever eaten(cut with lemon juice and bleded then skulled)

was very cool though we thought we were gonna trip out (visually) was a lot more cerebal just at piece and able to think very very clearly i chilled in a hammock and spoke to no one :D my mate now says he understands why he is on earth!

over there they graft it onto another type of cactus and in about 4 years you got a flowering plant

tot ness is where we got it a seaside hippy town in the south (devon)

would def be up for it again if i had the chance :D

Yes, I've heard 4-5 years will get the job done.

I don't mind the long term investment, I mean, just plant a fair old few, and they'll kind've multiply (if my aloe vera is anything to go by) and maybe plant a few more here'n there.

A few online shops have growables.

I've also read that you can kind've splice them with bigger/faster growing cactis for better results of time and size...though not sure, would have to look into that some more.

Yes, I've heard 4-5 years will get the job done.

I don't mind the long term investment, I mean, just plant a fair old few, and they'll kind've multiply (if my aloe vera is anything to go by) and maybe plant a few more here'n there.

A few online shops have growables.

I've also read that you can kind've splice them with bigger/faster growing cactis for better results of time and size...though not sure, would have to look into that some more.

yes, 4 years is quick... as paulshop says abbout 20+ to mature and flower a peyote from seed.

Peyote will grow fast when grafted onto other cacti, but you need to de-graft them and let them grow on their own roots for a while to build the alkaloid profile back up.

I would look into some faster growing species that contain mescaline like trichocereus peruvianus or bridgesii or pachanoi, they grow about a foot a year but contain a lower percentage of alkaloids.

Peyote will grow fast when grafted onto other cacti, but you need to de-graft them and let them grow on their own roots for a while to build the alkaloid profile back up.

I've seen some amazing results that claim to be over a one year period:

http://www.thenook.org/archives/2968.html

Look at pic #1, then a bit lower at #2.

Ha, looks like a cactus knob...but that said, even if this is just a "good" run with the grafting, it's encouraging.

I have a few that i bought at a market ages ago. Never tripped on them. Apparently the comedown off them isn't as nasty as pachanoi/peruvianus/bridgesii (bridgesii was the worst comedown i've EVER had). 5-10 years to be large enough for consumption but you need quite a few. I'd stick to growing pachanoi as they grow the fastest and are a much more visual trip compared to others(in my opinion) smoking cones does nothing for the headaches after the trip..