can I kill spidermite like this

Ive just learnt about controlling red spider mite on cucumbers and tomatos by using a 50/50mix of lemon juice and water. I was wondering if the acid content of the lemon juice would harm or kill the plants and would it work on the ladies. Would be a nice cheap and less harmful way if it works...what do you guys think??

Guest Urbanhog

Becareful if you experimenting this when the plants in the mid/late budding stage, it can cause mould in some cases, if sprayed too much in the buds.

I personally wouldn't (from my past experiences) I would spray anything on the buds even water because it can be pretty humid in the grow room, and can go mould or damage the buds.

Worth a try in the seedling/vegative stage, and report to us how you went.

Cheers, Urbanhog :D

I have found a something very interesting. Colloidal Silver (which you can buy from health food shops) kills all one celled oraganisms which means when it is sprayed onto your plants it kills all the spidermite eggs. This means the spidermites stop reproducing and if you spray every two days for two weeks you will hve no more spidermites.

I hate those little bastards and I have had problems with them for many years and now I am currently spidermite free. I hope that helps you too.