My San Pedro

Greetings.

I had the pleasure of trying San Pedro last week, was my first experience with cacti and mescaline for that matter. All in all I was very happy with the experience. The San Pedro trip was a lot friendlier than my past experiences with LSD and even mushies and although not massively visual in this experience, there was some pretty cool swirling and stuff on the curtains and a few experiences with the angles of the walls in rooms not looking quite right for want of a better description.

There was some interesting thought processes going on though and to me, thats what made the trip. I decided in the depths of the trip after much thought about my hand that humans would be far more nimble and productive if we evolved a second set of opposable thumbs :yahoo: I also became acutely aware whilst watching dusk take hold of the fact that we were stationary on a massive rotating object bending the fabric of space. I became involved deeply in this thought until well after dark and it fucking blew my mind. I was thinking of the sort of shit they talk about in quantum physics and came to the conclusion that the fabric of space or now that I think of it more, space in general is a very complex concept :peace: It felt as if I was the first human being to realise this on such a deep level. At the end of it and to this day, I have a deep connection to that cactus. I'm glad I didn't eat the whole thing.

That was my experience but I thought I would share with you the cactus that I now own. I bought the cactus at a nursery, it was about 4 foot tall and cost about $80. My mate had done it a few times and instantly recognised the cactus as San Pedro and the card on it said nothing but "Trichocereus Pachanoi" We where going on a fishing trip for the week so bought it to trip on. We were intending to eat the whole cactus but we decided to leave the bottom foot cos it would probably end up more than we could stomach. Very glad we did cos now I have a San Pedro to grow and I'm strangely affectionate towards it. I'm hoping the cut will heal with time and it can grow back to trip on in a few years time. I like the idea of revisiting the first cactus I tripped on as I'm sure I'll buy some other cacti in that time. Below are some pics.

post-244-1249026100_thumb.jpg

This is whats left after eating

post-244-1249026120_thumb.jpg

The cut. The reason I took this picture is the cactus got left out in the rain and I noticed some spots of mould forming. Is this going to be an issue and if so is there anything I can do about it?

Glad you enjoyed your experience :yahoo:

as for the mould you can use any organically certified mold treatment to kill whats there , something like citro fresh which is available at most hydro stores.

It's also a great idea to leave it indoors away from outdoor pathogens whilst the top callouses over , when it's ready it will give off pups ( cacti shoots )

lovely looking cacti, how did you prep it ?

Thanks mate. My mate took charge on that, he's the one who'd done it a few times. We de-spined it, diced it up. (Left the skin on cos it apparently takes hours to take off) Put the diced cactus in the freezer overnight. In the morning we thawed it which caused all the liquid and "slime" to come out of it. Strained it, filtered it through a pair of pantyhose, mashed what was left and filtered it, then squeezed the remainder dry in the pantyhose. What was left was a horrible, thick slimy liquid that we mixed half half with orange juice in LARGE glasses (this is important as the bigger the glass, the more you can force down; psychology thing) You require a spoon when doing this because the cactus liquids and orange juice separate very quickly so you pretty much have to stir then gulp straight away, otherwise all the cactus juice goes strait to the top and its fucking disgusting. My mate has tried several other methods and he reckons this one is the most effective for getting a good trip.

Glad you enjoyed your experience :)

as for the mould you can use any organically certified mold treatment to kill whats there , something like citro fresh which is available at most hydro stores.

It's also a great idea to leave it indoors away from outdoor pathogens whilst the top callouses over , when it's ready it will give off pups ( cacti shoots )

Cheers Pure. I'll head down to my local and have a look :) I've been putting the cactus under the sun when its shining to kill the mold at the moment but taking it inside overnight or if it looks like raining.