Using Maple Syrup Instead of Molasses?

I need some advice from the grow gurus here. I have read many posts where carbo boosters like molasses have been used in the flowering cycle. I do not have molasses in my larder but I do have a bottle of pure maple syrup.

My question is this. Can I use the maple syrup in a dilution of 40 ml/10 litres water to add carbos to my watering cycle in an organic grow during flowering? Is this likely to do the same as molasses, and do I have the correct dilution. I have checked the ph in my tap water with the maple syrup added and it shows about 6.2, with the standing ppm of the fresh tap water being 30ppm (water here is very pure).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Smokin Moose

yes Maple Syrup is a wicked allturnitive to mollassis

gotta love dat

Maple Syrup is the sweet sap from the disidious Maple tree

it is designed by nature for energy, and to expand the Maple trees rootz mainly for forraging for water and nutrients

so the nutrient ballance will be different for an annual shrub like cannabis

in other wordz

cannabis may require more or less of certain elements

and it does have limitations that must be considered

that is

that if the Maple trees that the Maple Syrup came from suffered from any local soil deficienties then

there will be exactly the same deficienties in the Maple Syrup

however

imho

Maple Syrup will certainly work very well for energy

maybe even better than mollassis

or maybe a mix of the two rulez

i would love to know

i guess a test is the next step

irey guidance

Thank you Radic. The maple syrup I have comes from Northern Quebec, from a friend's maple grove. He is far enough north so the trees are listed as organic, and have NO impact from acid rain which has been killing many of the maple tress in NE US and Canada. I actually visited with him back in 1991 and had quite the sugaring off party at his cabane à sucre du Québec. I saw the trees running sap in spring and watched as they boiled down the sap in the "sugar shack" to make syrup. We also boiled a batch a little longer and made some maple taffy by pouring the thicker syrup into the snow and twirling it onto a twig. Mate, it is the yummiest treat I have ever tasted.

I will certainly let you know how the syrup goes in my flowering cycle. I think it may open up new possibilities for adding organic carbos to cannabis grows. I am surprised no one has thought of this before.

http://www.cabaneasucre.org/images/chaudierecouleur.jpg

http://www.cabaneasucre.org/images/cabane_couleur.jpg

Edited by Smokin Moose

check diss

the top 3 are all maj elements

lotza K <--thats handy for k deficiencies

P is not much

plenty of Ca

so it will probly be a nutral PH around 7

* Calcium 216mg 22%

* Potassium 657mg 19%

* Phosphorus 6.4mg 1%

now the rest are strictly minor elements

* Iron 3.9mg 21%

* Magnesium 45.1mg 11%

* Sodium 29.0mg 1%

* Zinc 13.4mg 89%

* Copper 0.2mg 12%

* Manganese 10.6mg 531%

* Selenium 1.9mcg 3%

they will be irey for a final flush

imho

i would also use it as a suplemental health and energy tonic for the plants

the high K makes it usefull as a stress reliever

irey guidance

Interesting, i was down my local shop looking for some mollasses the other day and all i could find was treacle, the chick working there said it was the same as molasses, obviously i said i was using it for cooking :rolleyes:, but would it be the same for my purposes?

could be?????

check dis

What is British Treacle?

Technically treacle is a generic word in Britain for any syrup made in the process of refining sugar cane,

and it can range from very light to very dark.

In practice, the lighter syrup which is produced when the sugar cane juice is first boiled, is called light treacle or golden syrup.

The second boiling produces a much darker syrup, which British cooks call treacle (or dark treacle) and we call molasses (or dark molasses).

The third boiling produces what we both apparently call blackstrap molasses, which is very dark and somewhat bitter, and which health-food advocates think is heaven on earth, although it is more often used to feed cattle.

http://www.ochef.com/316.htm

irey guidance

I am already trialing Maple Syrup and have 6 plants with the syrup as a supplement, and 6 without. I am at day 30 of flowering Clever Man and can already see a noticeable difference in the bulk of the forming buds where I have applied the maple syrup at 40ml/10liters of water. Edited by Smokin Moose

Interesting, i was down my local shop looking for some mollasses the other day and all i could find was treacle, the chick working there said it was the same as molasses, obviously i said i was using it for cooking :rolleyes:, but would it be the same for my purposes?

try looking in the health food section of your major supermarket. I think I got mine at coles. Black strap molasses.