Fruit flavoured weed?

yeah im not sure if that would work like that... i have seen a plant grown in and around a passion fruit vine.. my mate would gather up all the passion fruit and cut them in half and place them at the base of the stalk.. he also used to water the plant with passion fruit in the watering.. you could taste a slight passion fruit flavour..

also, another mate grows out in the bush.. and you can taste the pine from the plants grown in the pine forest.. and the eucalyptus taste from the plants grown the scrub..

and any ways.. any organic matter you put in the hole thats going to be used for a plant would be ok... i know another grower that swears by the carp he buries in his hole.. he will dig a hole over winter that all his vegy scraps go into.. and about 6 weeks before he plants.. he will throw a few carp in the hole.. about a meter deep.. and fill it in.. let sit for a few weeks.. then plant ..

carp, sheep, the neighbour's cat, that annoying pet rat the little old lady in the units next door thinks is a dog, all the same.

Most agriculturists will suggest that 'animal matter' should be well decomposed before coming into the nutrient equation though.

A farmer friend of the family, when I was young, used to line all us kids up and lay out buckets of seed for the cockies and galahs to nibble on before we blasted 'em with shotguns. Spread 'em out and then plough 'em into the field a few weeks before planting. I think this was as much about reducing the population before putting real seed in the gound though, any benefit from the rotting corpses was simply added bonus.

carp, sheep, the neighbour's cat, that annoying pet rat the little old lady in the units next door thinks is a dog, all the same.

Most agriculturists will suggest that 'animal matter' should be well decomposed before coming into the nutrient equation though.

A farmer friend of the family, when I was young, used to line all us kids up and lay out buckets of seed for the cockies and galahs to nibble on before we blasted 'em with shotguns. Spread 'em out and then plough 'em into the field a few weeks before planting. I think this was as much about reducing the population before putting real seed in the gound though, any benefit from the rotting corpses was simply added bonus.

The RSPCA would have something to say about that :bongon:

As for the topic i can't say i've had a first hand experience with fruit flavoured weed, though it does sound interesting.

Might try it out when i start my next grow. lol

lol

There are certain strains of Canna that have particular fruity flavours ...

One of the most well known when I was younger was simply termed Mango , was Sativa dominant strain and smell'd and even smoked like Fresh Mango flavour ;)

(It's still around)

I tend to find that plants turned purple in the winter by the cold tend to have a slight ripe passionfruit scent and flavour to them. ;)

And as for Planting with fruit .. well I knew someone years ago who had grown Mullies in amongst the Apple orchard , all the "bad apples" went around for organic fertilizer and was therefore watered in and the plant had a life growing on apple based nutrients ;) ... The Budz Tasted Like Green Apple/Lolly apple flavouring when smoked , still to this day one of the most amazing flavour budz I've ever smoked ^_^ Truly unique I beleive as I've never tasted anything even remotely similar to this , or any apple flavours at all. :bongon:

So whether or not that helps give creedence to the Mango thing mentioned by "The Mate" I'm not sure ...

I think they may have been told a misleading story about a Mango(ish) strain ... If it were true such as the Apple Orchard scenario then I'm guessing it would take alot more than just 1 mango in the Grow Hole ;)

So there ya go ... Also I should mention , at one stage I could easily pick the flavour of Canna grown with chook shit (Dynamic Lifter) , and could generally tell the flavour difference between Horse and Cow Manure from smoking the Budz. I Jest you Not. ;) (Also The Fish emulsion was easily recognizable , I'm not a fan of it tho I like the Seaweed(Seasol) as a soil conditioner)

So in My mind there is no doubt at all that what you fertilize your plants with will effect the flavour outcome of the Budz smoked. :)

(Cow Manure has always been my favourite "shit" ;) , grows the sweetest and fruitiest of flavoured Budz for mine)

This was something I mentioned in my first posts here ever (The fruit flavours) ... and I got slightly "bagged for it" ;) , but oh well ...

I stand by what I said then as It's exactly what I still think now ;)

Interesting there seems to be few stories about this type of thing.

Anyhoo , Cheerz all and Enjoy ;) no matter what your flavour of choice.

Budman :D

Any Rotten animal matter provides a lot of Nitrogen , thats why plants love it .

As for the Mango thing , I reckon it is a load of crap .

Just imagine for a minute ,, you plant a plant on top of a Mango , it tastes like Mango , you plant a plant on top of a dead fish IE KOI Carp ,, is it gunna taste like dead fish ?

Same goes for adding cow shit to the soil , will that make your buds taste like Cow shit ????

Something to think about stoners lol

There are so many Myths in growing , it aint funny . Too many stoned people making up crap IMO :bongon:

Edited by Closet Grower