Collectivise Guerrilla Growing knowledge

Hey Guys,

New to this site and gotta say i find it to be real helpfull.

This is my first year growing and it is good to see that im on the right track.

my plants have sprouted and are 12 days old.

I have decided to go with the small cages around my plants only because at early

stages i found that either birds or rabits had been digging in them.

Anyways i have read alot of the threads and people are talkin about back breaking labour and having to carry in a whole lot of stuff in to there spots.

My advice is knock ya self off ya nieghbours wheelie bins. Chuck all ya bags of soil at the bottem. Then throw in maybe 10- 15 milk bottles of water. Then last on top throw in ya empty pots...(if ya using pots)

There ya go all the heavy stuff is over the wheels and your off and rolling. of course this will only help you get the things from your house, to a track...im guess most people wont be able to get the bin right up in there...but close to your plot.

how good mark? im thinking about going outdoors this year and this has been the main factor that has kept me from doing it. even if i had 3-4 plants, do you think I should be worried? What I know however is that they only do certain locations, just not sure if mine is one. If anyone has known of these choppers in a certain area it would be greately apreciated if they could give me an idea of roughly where it was.

Cheers

Scraps

I seen a few posts that you dont need a fence. I got lots of deer near my grow and out of 3 plots i lost 2. a total of 15 plants were completetly smashed. the very annoying thing was they they didnt do it till about two weeks prior harvest. Stag deer often smash small shrubs to rub the velvet off their antlers and thats what they did to my plants. it was very devistating two come across plant after plant smashed and chewed. this year def errecting a fence. I have herd that 200 pound fishing line and camo orchard dyed netting it enough. anyone tried this???

hi speaking for my self, i think the most important thing is, just get a season under the belt.i did nothing major just some bag seed about a dozen plants.[3 grew into nice 6 footers] unfortunately i made a newbie mistake, the buds came up so fast and i did not check for bud rot[i expected them finishing later than mid march] hey i should have known from research here. but some things you "just have to learn" like being on the ground. i mean you can't be smoky the bear over night. it takes some time to be able to size up land and how to traverse it . as you spend more time and energy on the ground you will find bigger and better spots and your options develop.you will learn a lot in one season[i feel i did][just try, and be patient] cos its a long season and you have to keep the fire burning.
  • Upvote 1

If you have a problem with watering and gaining access to water you can alleviate this by growing indoors to about 4ft and constantly trimming the lower leaves so you have a really long stem. Planting outdoors with about 2.5ft trunk under the ground will enable the lower roots to gain access to water that wouldn't be available to shorter root systems. This means instead of having to water every 2-3 days you can water 4 - 6 days. Also water logs for the first month or so means you can just leave it for a week and only really worry about pests.

that FLIR chopper camera, from what I heard it detects the heat signal that is given off by the dope plants. I was told this by a mate who grew far more than i ever have and he suggested randomness. It meant a bit more work, and by creating my cages for individual plants i put them in an organised random locations, ie any chopper that flew over my crop would see dots of heat here and there, but no rows of heat signals to give my plants up.

so hopefully they looked like animals as i put them close to trees, one or two in the open etc.

dunno if the info was right, but been no probs for years.

cheers, good posts by all here.

hi speaking for my self, i think the most important thing is, just get a season under the belt.i did nothing major just some bag seed about a dozen plants.[3 grew into nice 6 footers] unfortunately i made a newbie mistake, the buds came up so fast and i did not check for bud rot[i expected them finishing later than mid march] hey i should have known from research here. but some things you "just have to learn" like being on the ground. i mean you can't be smoky the bear over night. it takes some time to be able to size up land and how to traverse it . as you spend more time and energy on the ground you will find bigger and better spots and your options develop.you will learn a lot in one season[i feel i did][just try, and be patient] cos its a long season and you have to keep the fire burning.

bud rot...I may have experienced that last year...pls tell me more...ie how to avoid...thnx bro