Tenancy database-Rental issues after charges are laid

Radic has been about the only Nimbinite to show any support, he is doing what he can.

We just found out that they have now changed the listing from Using for Criminal Purpose, to Being evicted by the Tribunal orders.

NTD are beginning to pay attention, they are calling Darren Hill now to talk to them, so perhaps we may have a chance yet at getting a home.

We will keep you updated as the news unfolds.

;) I am going to have a couple to calm me down right now, you do the same and it will also help us all think a bit more clearly. ;)

O ok, guess he can ignore my PM then ;)

That is great that they changed the reason! I really hope you're on a lucky streak!

I wish I could do the same. Dry as a bone, have been for a while, absolutely no money. I really need to just grow ;)

But you need it more than me. So have a couple for me too. ;)

I've just found a news site where users submit content and it is completely uncensored. It's sponsored by CNN (liberal newspaper).

I'm writing an article know. Link later.

Hey guys, littlbit /l ightning

I have been following your latest events , i think it is disgusting how you are being treated, and how little support you are being given, esp by other users of this site.

Unfortunately it is all indicative of society today, Everything is an OBJECT that can be bought and used and people transfer these ideals onto all

living creatures. My best wishes go out to you, i will try and spin you sum more cash, as you know i am on DSP so dont have much either.

I would think about a meeting in person in regards to living, we have plenty of space, but our lease runs out soon and house has been sold sooo...

and i live in country vic 3 hrs away so no good to you there..

anyways good luck ;)

Edited by Fibrofeend

I have been a real estate agent in Byron Bay for about 5 years and have seen a few similar situations here, locally landlords seem to take a fairly relaxed attitude to growing as long as it is just for personal use and does not damage the property, as I said before if I can help in way please PM me....I have personally given help to some tenants in similar situations to help them secure a property...though I have never heard of a situation as bad as yours

Raven I already sent you a PM, as for the landlords attitude it simply changed when we forced him to fix real problems with the property, after 18 months into the in the premises it simply took months of fighting and consumer affairs Victoria to force the issue.

We had done nothing else, the property was after we got in the best looking on the street, we paid our rent on time. We even forced the local council to remove trees that they were complaining about because, they are considered weeds, therefore saving him hundreds of dollars.

So this proves that this database is not accurate, people do get put their by people trying to get even. We will bring this issue up with the Justices at the High Court and ask them to deal with this unbalanced, discriminatory, destructive database that is in total breach of Human Rights, and must be taken down. The alternative is to allow tenants to have their say on Agents, Property managers and Landlords.

The real estate agent is well known as a slum landlord agent, he has been flagged so many times with Consumer Affairs Victoria that they all simply know about them. We did not sign with this agent the original agent sold off their Rentals department to him, we would never have signed with that guy. We actually avoided any of his properties when we were looking at the time.

If you think you can help PM me or lightning, if you need any information from us ask, although just about everything you would need can be found on this site we have left nothing out.

This entire thing shows how far these bloody drug laws can effect everyone, and yet they all simply would rather do time, get fined, arrested every few months, years, and do nothing about the laws nor help those who are willing to actually fight.

Fibrofeend thank you for that PayPal donation, it is more than appreciated.

There has been some feedback from Consumer Affairs Victoria, they called the agency and spoke to the Property Manager, who made it clear that she will not remove the offending comments from the Database ever.

Now I wonder if Raven can defend that crap.

This is one reason why I am in Sales not rentals!!......in terms of tenants rights unfortunately it only takes one disgruntled property manager to blacklist an otherwise great tenant, I personally think that is a very bad system and in a just world both tenants and agents should be accountable to the Office of Fair Trading for their behaviour, not just tenants...it doesnt seem like I can do much guys but I will try and do some research to see if any other similar cases arisen in the past. I will let you know if anything positive turns up

That's correct lucid, as the CAV guy said she is a right bitch, however it appears no one except the agencies themselves have any power over that database, therefore the only person who can remove the offence is the agent who put it there in the first place.

We will see what the justices make of that idea.