Tenancy database-Rental issues after charges are laid

When we were charged over 2 years ago, the real estate property manager vindictively put us on the Tenants database as having used the property for criminal purpose.

We are now not able to rent another property, because of this issue, we have called the tenants union, fair trade, Minister for Housing, Community Legal, Fitzroy legal centre, The Supreme Court - need to call them back to talk to the registrar.

So far we are being duck shoved from one group to another, with absolutely no forward movement.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what now? Does anyone have a house in Melbourne we could rent even for a few months?

Guys we really are in serious trouble, please if there is any one of you who believes they can help us, contact us today. We now have only about 4 weeks, please help.

When we were charged over 2 years ago, the real estate property manager vindictively put us on the Tenants database as having used the property for criminal purpose.

We are now not able to rent another property, because of this issue, we have called the tenants union, fair trade, Minister for Housing, Community Legal, Fitzroy legal centre, The Supreme Court - need to call them back to talk to the registrar.

So far we are being duck shoved from one group to another, with absolutely no forward movement.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what now? Does anyone have a house in Melbourne we could rent even for a few months?

Guys we really are in serious trouble, please if there is any one of you who believes they can help us, contact us today. We now have only about 4 weeks, please help.

Unfortunately that's the risk you take when growing in a rented property. I wouldn't say the property manager was vindictive though; professional springs to mind actually.

I would suggest your only option is to rent privately, until you manage to sort the legal shit out but honestly and unfortunately I don't really like your chances unless you can find an agent/owner prepared to overlook the issue; good luck with that.

That said If I owned a property in your area I'm sure we could come to some commercial arrangement.

I don't mean any disrespect here and feel for your plight.

:D

Hi Littlebit ,

That's very unfortunate indeed and I'm sorry to hear that it happened ... as if you guyz didn't have enough to deal with already :D

I'm sure you'd be welcome to pitch a tent in our back yard up here :) , but unfortunatly I don't even know any "friends of the family" or anyone in Melbourne otherwise I'd be on the phone :D

Having been Homeless a few times in my life ... only due to availability of Housing ( :D ) I can sympathise with your situation there ... and there was basically no help available to me even without anything criminal related , even under 25 and St. Josephs Youth Housing department couldn't even help (I got 1 night in a cheap motel up the coast for 1 night , then had to hitch all the way back home to nothing :yahoo: and they gave me $60 to buy a warm sleeping bag , that was nice of them) So if anyone thinks that there are these "departments" out the there that can "HELP" people , they are sorely misguided ... Housing , Mental Health , Free Legal Help ... all basically a myth ... sure there are places that help some people (it helps if your a single Mum/Dad (or a couple/family) , severly disabled , old (over 60) or Young (under 18) , but everyone else? , I beleive there is even support for people who get OUT of Prison , sheesh) ...

The Public Housing waiting lists are still to this day over 10years behind :peace:

Anyhoo , guess I had to vent a bit ... heheh

I'm sure you guyz will find a Private Rental around Melbourne somewhere :)

Id be suprised (and somewhat peeved) if someone around here from the VIC couldn't help out? ... Good Luck :)

Cheerz again for all the hard work your putting in to fight this battle :peace: I hope you will be able to continue on with it ... comfortably ... again soon :)

Budman :toke:

I don't believe I know anybody who lives in Melbourne. Only the very outer suburbs. And I doubt they'd take in some randoms.

Shit man.... I feel so bad. Make sure you bring this up in your court case, show what these laws do to people.

Have you been back to the landlord of your previous house? You never know, he might feel sympathy having caused this mess (partly), let you have a place for a few weeks. It's a long shot but worth a try.

Otherwise, as I said before, set up shop outside the court house/parliament house with signs saying what has happened to you two. Seriously, go all out. Get your tents up and everything.

I'll pray to the ganja gods to help you find a place.

Good luck guys!

The agent and the landlord BOTH KNEW for the full two years of our lease that we grew our own medicine/sacrament, we have never hidden it and have been vocal proponents of law reform for many years geting in pollies faces even joining the liberal partty when they were in power to gain access to the bastards, speaking up in public meetings, taking it to the prohibitionists etc

The reports to the cops and subsequent listing on the database was because urgent repairs were required on the property after storms and we had to go to consumer affairs to get the leaks fixed as the slumlord would not and our stuff was being TRASHED. CAV ordered the repairs to be made and the landlord decided to play payback.

As far as the comment that the agent was professional, that is just crap, as to flag somebody for criminal behaviour on the database usually comes AFTER conviction not before it CAUSE OTHERWISE IT IS DEFAMATION !!! Not professionalism.

Once we clear our names of these charges guess what we are doing next?