A simple, recirculating hydro setup...

Dont suppose you happen to have a diagram of this setup? Like top view or something?

Would it be posible to put two seedlings in a 3L top cut off coke bottle kind of setup untill the roots become strong enough or the plant becomes big enough to be needing a transplant? .. heh, transplant :P

Yeh so anyway, Ive drawn up a setup kinda like what your describing, but its on a much smaller scale. Ill scan it when i get access to a scanner

;)

--

my bad, Didnt see page 2

Edited by alch

El badass, I hate to say it, but it's not something you can give even generalised figures for really, although I'll try mate. :(

The light, a 400w hps son-t (really 430w) costs about $30 to run per month or so, but that will vary a lot from place to place in australia, and around the world. The rest of the electrics, (sml pump, extractor fan, oscillating, possibly air pump and possibly nute heater in cold conditions, all use bugger all and are usually, (except for maybe the air pump, and fans) run for short times with long periods of off.

Let me put it this way, it costs less than $20 an ounce to grow your own, probably a lot less as you go along.

the time it takes from sowing seed to harvest will be variant too, but; with a month to 2 in veg, then turning to flower, you could be flowering for anywhere from 6 to 15 or even more weeks btw, it could be about 4 months overall, or as low as 3 if you're working with good genes, and get things right.

The best advice I can offer is to read read read, everything and anything. There are hundreds of ways to grow, and this is just a simplistic description of a recirc sys. So check out all the different methods out there, there are heaps of good links and info in the Growing Faq, as well as the forums generally, so check these out for as much info as possible. You'll be surprised just how many different ways people grow. But you'll eventually give it a go, and work out what works for you, you might do well on your first crop, you might not, but you'll definitely learn a heck of a lot and take this into account when you start crop no2... which you'll then use as experience for 3... etc... it's a never ending thing. If you pass on that info to other growers along the way that's a great way to help others out. We were all newbies once. Yes, even Taz. :D

Hope that helps mate, just ask if there's anything else, feel free to start topics on subjects which you don't understand if you can't find something on the site. We're here to help. :( :D

Good on ya el badass... Hope to see a "badass grow thread" here soon eh? :D

Oh, and one more thing, there is no "best". :( You'll either understand that straight away, or you'll find out over time. But it's something which I've had come up a lot lately, so I thought I'd impart that upon you...

*waits for other members to make contrary statements*...

Well, seems clear... Okay, yeah, there's not "best" but there are guidelines. Have patience, a little of that goes a heck of a long way. Take it easy, I hope this thread and others here help you to a happy, healthy and succesfull harvest. :(

i just wanted to say ive been reading this non stop for at least an hour now. and shit i have never come across a better guide for a first time hydro setup. and ive read a few.

i cant wait till i have the space to begin my own project this all looks like too much fun :detective2:

:thumbdown: Fantastic post!

G'day Luke,

That is definitely the best material I've read on this site to date. I've been taking notes all the way through and I have most of my questions answered from it. I am about to start my first solo grow and I now realize all the mistakes that have been made in the attempts I have participated in previously (I hope!).

I'm setting up a duel chamber affair with side by side veg/flower areas, 600hps china in each (not bought yet so can be altered), clay/per 30/70, recirculating system same as yours, 1x1x2.8. Can I ask your advice on some things...

1. What is the optimal PH of the fresh water from the top tank? I wasn't sure if the ph levels mentioned were for the water or the nute tank.

2. Should I germinate seeds straight under the HPS or transplant them in after they have gained some strength?

3. After I pick a mother and take clones should these be put in the veg chamber under a HPS and if so is a 600 ok?

4. Is running a identical recirculating system in the veg chamber a good idea? I would run it at 2-3 times a day with downgraded/optimal nutes.

5. In an area of this size 1x1x2.8 which will be scrogged, what size pots should I be finishing with? 4x15" or 9x12" or less?

6. In regards to the pond pump...how many l/min should I be aiming for?

Hope this is kool to post here,

Jimbo :doh:

• Oz unpinned this topic