Why did you start smoking?

Why did you first try?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

first few times peer pressure, but I was young (12)

then changed friends and was too busy skateboarding.

then 14/15 someone gave me a few seeds and spent the next few years growing and smoking a lot.

18/19 moved to the city, started drinking heavily instead. Never really got back into it, preferred booze.

ended up an alcoholic, in and out of hospitals.

Sober for the last 4 or so years.

getting old and interested again.

18/19 moved to the city, started drinking heavily instead. Never really got back into it, preferred booze.

ended up an alcoholic, in and out of hospitals.

Sober for the last 4 or so years.

getting old and interested again.

in recent years i have drank for a couple years socially once a week or once a month,

I did that a couple of times in the last 7yrs, no problems, meh but still...its no good..

I havnt had a drink for 2 years.... almost... calendar says tomorrow week since i had a drink in 2014.

This is the 2nd time i've been sober from lquor this long in the last 7 odd years.

mmj helped me through it for sure.

mmj saved my bored ass on those days i felt like doing something like drinking

mmj is 100% a good substitute for alcohol, everytime

Edited by Carnage

Curiosity/fate

1984, was 14. Shuffled of the Nanns for usual 3 weeks Xmass holidays. Arrived to usual sit down, are you hungry. I ask where my uncle is? Oh he’s out. I sit in lounge for next 4 hrs. The front bedroom door opens and out pops my uncle.0.o “Good your here, give me a hand would ya” he says and proceeds to open door behind him. On the double bed stacked about 3ft high we’re plants.

We moved to kitchen and went well into the night. There started my education in weed. Some may say I was to young, maybe I was. Not only did my uncle introduce me to weed but over the years I was schooled in all things drugs, never got into the hard stuff, I was never lied to and was shown/taught the good and bad of each and knew enough as I hit late teens to not fall down the road so many friends did. Many I fear would still be here if Weed was legal

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by MreofOz

I had my first cone when I was 14 with my best friend’s brother. I told him I had done it before, but needed him to put his finger over the shotty. Coughed so bad and ate 2 bowls of chocolate mouse.

Fast forward to 29 and I now smoke all day. I used to only smoke at night, but now my favourite thing to do is get a coffee from 7/11 and get my morning started with a cone. I don’t know, I just like it. I think I’m a better Mum, partner and person when I smoke. I think the older I get the more I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

To feel in control of myself - I’m adult and i feel I’m treated as child at home and everywhere i go and and I’m even at groups. I am spoken to as child and not as an adult. Even at my last workplace i felt i was treated as special needs person or that i belonged in a care home.

So ffff everyone, i am doing this for myself.

I ain’t harming anyone

And i never got a chance to study at university so this is me sticking me to fingers up at daily life and saying fuck you.

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1