• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Spider Mites Close to Harvest

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Spliffs4Breaky

Spliffs4Breaky

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
Hi, as you can prob guess i'm new to growing, Its my first time and i think i'm fighting a losing battle. Every thing was great til bout 2 wks ago; i notice just a few spider mite and ordered some preditors to sort them out. Well its not turned out as planned, the mites seem to have spead live rats. One day No Webs - Today a cloud of webs all over my buds.
B4 finding the mites my plants had approx 3 wks till harvest hense why I didn't use any sprays and went for Phytoseiulus predator mites,
Could the webs be from the Phytoseiulus???? If NOT how can I get rid of the spider mites ready for harvest??? Will a good Vacuum and a Wip down sort it out or will I ruin my plants. Please help me, I don't have much time left and I loosing my mind, Hoping I've not wasted months of Effort lol

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

yields

yields

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Lighting: retired!
Not much u can do so close to harvest other than raise the humidity above 70% for 2 days, the little fuckers swell up explode! Should thin out the population until the next round of eggs hatch.

IF u feel the need to spray (not recommended at this stage) u can use a soap spray, yates have a product called natrasoap for spidermites and totally organic.

I reckon u just harvest as per usual, once the plant matter starts to dry the fuckers jump ship anyway.

Cant help with the predator mites as I have never used them.

Good luck!
*****DISCLAIMER*****
The person represented is merely a persona, a fictional character re-enacting events for a forum audience. All statements and pictures are part of a fictional persona concocted for entertainment purposes only!

Radic

Radic

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1334 Posts:
  • Interests:freedom
    equal rights
    justice
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: Jah Sun
the best methord of mite control is the Biodynamic methord
it works
first time
and
everytime
here's how
first collect bout 20 mites and mush dem up in 100 mill of water
use a blender
now leave the mite water to brew at grow room tempeture for 10hrs
then strain out the mites so you dont block up the spray equipment
mix the 100 mill of strained mite brew with 10lt of pure water and spray it on the effected plants and grow room
then wave good buy to the mites

do not spray in full light
ever
seen
strictly spray early -->before the lights come on
or
late -->after they go off
never in full light
never

irey gudiance

Spliffs4Breaky

Spliffs4Breaky

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 Posts:
Thank you both so much for replying so quickly, I think i'll try them both! lol and get them chopped down by the end of the week. If I was to harvest with the Spider mite present is there a chance they're eat my bud while drying ??? coz i'd be gutted !!!

Samjana

Samjana

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Lighting: 250W MH - Veg400w HPS - FlowerFluros (various) - Mother/clone
had the same prob mate. I cut of the worst affected fan leaves and harvested, they wont eat the plant. They seemed to just either die or packup and leave.
A Pipe gives a wiseman time to think and a fool, something to stick in his mouth - Murphy

freddie

freddie

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1144 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
The predators you have are excellent. from memory they eat about 10x their own body weight daily. lol They will do the job. My advice is to do nothing. :)

Mites wont eat your dry bud. There wont be any alive by then.

nitram

nitram

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3364 Posts:
  • Cannabis Photography Competition

Hi Spliffs4Breaky,

If I was to harvest with the Spider mite present is there a chance they're eat my bud while drying ??? coz i'd be gutted !!!

You'll do good and as told the mites piss off quick when the plants heat stops pumping all the 'sap' around.

Bio-Prevention using predators is the real answer. Mantra's from your garden and lady birds'. Look for them & you will find.

Sterilization following bad infestations is recommended.

yielkds ....IF u feel the need to spray (not recommended at this stage) u can use a soap spray, yates have a product called natrasoap for spidermites and totally organic.

This 'natrasoap' I'd recommend too but you so close to harvest just ride it out.

lol
Nitty.
Nitty's Newby's choice :
DWC's Nutrrients promplem with pictures
Beneficial Insects, Mites & Organism
Fungus Gnat Control and Thrips Control

Ask not "What if" or "What will." For yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. Just enjoy NOW.

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.