Vic OPP seeks and gets extension

Being 21 days since we lodged proceedings in the High Court M28 of 2009 Melbourne Registry we expected that we would receive the opp submissions today in the mail, we did not. We have however just been notified that the Vic OPP has sought and received an extension of time to lodge their summary of response argument in the High Court to our application.

The letter we got from the high court says High court time extensions under Rule 26 of the high court rules are only granted in "Exceptional Circumstances"

So what was the "exceptional circumstances"? the fact that the OPP has suddenly realised it does not have a leg to stand on?

Summary of responses from the Attorneys General of Australia within the time limit (21days) set by high court rules to notification of a constitutional matter are

Federal AG will "Write to you again when the order of removal has been decided"

NSW AG is still contemplating and the crown solicitor will "notify you directly of the Attorney's decision"

QLD AG will "Reconsider intervention if the HCA grants removal for trial"

WA AG same as QLD

Tas AG and NT AG "Do not wish to intervene" ie somebody else's problem

SA and ACT have not replied at all.

in response to a letter littlbit sent 6 months ago,We also just got a letter from Krudds office noting our HCA paperwork and our demands of medical cannabis but pushing the standard "it's the TGAs responsibility to control drugs and they say there is NO medical evidence to say cannabis is a medicine",

Curious timing me thinks.

Littlbit is writing back to KRudd at the moment!!!!!

and so we wait another 7 days to find out what argument the government are going to put up to our application, must be keeping them up nights, me thinks.

If they admit their guilt we MAY show them mercy!!!

irey lightning

very Curious

indeed

"there is NO medical evidence to say cannabis is a medicine".

IMO

the only way to get medicinal cannabis legalized is to have it rescedualled to recognize the medicinal value of cannabis

in the high court

seen

one must argue for cannabis to be resedualed to recognize medicinal value of cannabis

otherwise they wont even look at the scientific studies you present

seen

as long as it is not OFFICIALLY reconized as a medicine

it is not applicable to the international drugs treaty arguments

as

they do allow the gov to grow and produce all the medicine they want from all the Offically recognized plants of medicinal use

since cannabis has no official use

you lose

because OFFICALLY there is NO medical use for cannabis

or in violation of the constutition arguments

again because OFFICALLY there is NO medical use for cannabis

there is no violation of the constution

because we are allowed to proudce our own medicine

we cant grow cannabis because it is not OFFICIALY recoginized as a medicine

thats how they stop you there

Resedualing Cannabis is a must

forward ever

free cannabis

heal the people

heal the land

irey guidance

Maybe just maybe they are considering dropping the case. It would be a lot easier for them if the outcome has a big possibility in your favour. My reasoning is that it will open the biggest can of worms (which are good for the garden) legally and set precedents that could tie them up in court for a very long time with other cases pending or in the future. Good luck to you both. lol

Yes radic very very curious, we have looked extensively today for other cases where the crown has requested an extension to put their reply to an application and have not found one. what we have found is the HCA does NOT give extensions under rule 26 to ANYONE very often at all!!

(Grace if you know of a case please post it)

Extensions seem to make the Justices GRUMPY!!!

re your comments on argument We know that is the approach they take but have some ideas on how to deal with it and as bufo said we have addressed the point in the brief quite extensively. we have left a couple of points back for verbal argument including the fact that the WHO recommended the rescheduling of Cannabis to schedule 3 in 2007 and the INCB ignored them in contradiction of the stated mechanism of review in the treaty itself. UN public documents and reports on drugs and statements on human rights, Government reports, senate enquiries, Information in the public domain from recognised agencies of expertise both Government and non government are admissible as evidence as long as they are relevent to the case.

Things like the US health department patent on cannabinoids as anti-oxidants and neuro-protectants published and granted by the US Patents office is evidence that is hard to hold out as is quotes from appeals courts from other common law countries, Canada's supreme court recognition that medical cannabis must be available for the medically needy is a quotable legal precedent that the court can consider for guidance in it's deliberations,

The waiting to find out the approach they are going to take is driving me to distraction

:P lol :) :) :) :bongon: :bongon: :bongon: :bongon: :bongon: :bongon: :bongon: :bongon:

:bongon:

Ahhhh Thats better

sorry

i wasnt trying to be criticAl

please dont get i wrong

i fully support lightning and little bit

nuff raspect

big uppz

yes i hafe make some noise

forward ever

stronger together

the struggle goes on

seen

IMO

a plea of not guilty due to nessarity

and argue that the high court should concider recomending resecudualing cannabis to allow and recongize medicinal cannabis use

this is working in the US as we speek

seen

untill cannabis is offically recongized as a medicine

they wont consider letting people grow it for medicine

via the constution or the international drugs treaty

because officially it has no medicinal use

how can they do anyting elce

their hands are tied till

cannabis is offically recongized as a medicine

then the lid can come off

my vibe is

in the high court if one can argue for resecual of cannabis and submit scientific studdies then your own anicdotal as everdence

well

they would have to consider it and make a decision to regonize cannabis as a medicine

that would set positive precident for a changein the law to legalize medicinal cannabis

free cannabis

heal the people

heal the land

irey guidance

ireyness lightning

have you submitted the Neccessarty plea??????

soundz like your on the way

push dem hard for we

recommend the rescheduling of Cannabis

is a must

for the high court

nuff raspect

they probly wont answer you till after mardiGrass

pollitricks sux

irey guidance

Good on you guys for getting out there and trying to do something about these laws.

I have often wondered about how a citizen could go about changing things.

I am a 27yr male living in Vic on DSP and have a chronic pain condition, i have been thrown every

pharmacutical in the book, some almost killed me. A Weed brownie once a week or so

really helps me, so i can grow a plant that really helps me medically and its illeagal for me

to do so???

I dont know how but if theres anything i can do to help...cheerrs guys lol