I am a bit nervous about emailing a politician and using my real name

in WA the laws are a bout to get even more Draconian and I don't want a knock on the door just because I speak up...

DO you think they take letters seriously if I am not giving my name..

and I mean snail mail not email. I don't mind spending the money on stamps though I know I won't receive a reply.

Madame P, don't worry about the knock on the door, littlbit and I have been using our real names in letters to pollies about medical cannabis for over ten years and did not get a knock on the door until our landlord dobbed us in. They ignore a letter that does not have a name as they view it that unless you are prepared to put your name to what you say then you don't really mean it.

If the cops do walk into your house at any time for any reason invoke your rights under the geneva conventions as a sick civilian in a theatre of armed conflict (the war on drugs) and tell them if they touch you or your medicine you will have them charged with WAR CRIMES.

MadamePandora let me assure you that they do pay attention and they do change their attitudes. I have has a number of web sites that our Government pays for change wording, removing misleading and false information from the sites. I have received apologies from department heads, politicians etc regarding things I have emailed them about. I have recently told our federal health minister and federal attorney general if they come knocking at our door ever again that we will immediately invoke the Geneva Protocols.

Do not be afraid of these guys and we need everyone who is a medical user to step up to the mark now, we know things are starting to change Simon Overland our Chief Commissioner of Police this week told a press conference that the war on drugs cannot be won.

Lets keep the fight we will win, but only when people demand their rights and we have a right to medical cannabis by law.

luciddreaming please do email Bob Brown and yes I believe I will vote for the Greens next time round.

Yes, bur what do I e-mail him. I'm not 100% sure on what this all means. Could you clarify this a bit?

"Can everyone please send all your correspondence to Bob Brown as I have been asked to do so by his office I believe they are putting together a case for medical cannabis."

What do you mean by all our correspondence? Do you mean medical studies on Cannabis or what we use Cannabis for?

OK, We have now moved polly bothering to the next level !!

Yesterday littlbit and I lodged our paperwork in the high court to get our case moved there to be heard.

We have served the OPP with the paperwork and now await a hearing date to find out if the court is prepared to hear it. Today we have to fax all the Attorneys General state and federal to notify them of a constitutional challenge. they will have 21 days to present their arguments to the court.

We should know in about 30 days if we are "Off to see the wizards, the wonderful wizards of Oz" ie the full bench of the high court!!

We have also asked for Nicola Roxon, Tony Abbot and others to be charged as war criminals for withholding indispensable pain medication from sick/injured civilians in a theatre of non international armed conflict.

Now thats what I call Polly Bothering!!! :jedifight

lol

Excellent work on the Pollie Bothering everyone ... :x

And well done Lightning ... thankyou for keeping us informed about your fight .. May the force be with you lol

Good to hear that the Greens are at least listening and even asking for numbers .. there must be a subtle and easy way we can provide them some numbers? ... I wonder how many of the over 20,000 members (sure , not all 100% legit probably) who have signed up here at Oz Stoners use Cannabis for some form of medicinal purpose?? ... Going from the average profiles and discussions I read here .. a great many no doubt :) plus ofc the great many who don't even use the interweb letalone post information on the Net about it ;)

I was thinking whilst reading the last few pages .. maye some more could be done to explore the topic of actually generating a start at getting "Medical recommendation" (as farked as that sounds , make me sick thinking about it literally , bizzare) ...

I mean , How can we even be recognised as medicinal users if most doctors (even pretty good ones) still have to recommend that you have to take toxic Pharma-Meds over Ganja or EVEN a Healthy Diet (of which most doctors get officially "fuck-all" training in) ... ??

Sorry , maybe getting carried away ... but I can't believe thinking about the injustices around this long drawn subject are actually making me nauseas now(*Spl) :peace: or maybe I just need to eat ... :)

Anyway , I just don't see how I can argue anything about medicinal use to the authorities when the doctors will tell me to "cut back on the bongs" and (seriously) "Don't worry about all the cigarettes right now , just try and lay off the bongs" ffs :jedifight :yinyang: ya know??

And when any Pollie DOES actually talk about Legalizing Medicinal Cannabis Use .. they never seem to be referring to all the basic excellent medical applications .. such as Insomnia , Nausea , Diet issues , Chronic (even unsevere) pain , muscle relaxant , anti-depressant etc. and the list of course goes on and on and on (kinda like me lol)

They usually only speak of Cancer and HIV patients etc. :/

Even to get a sedative for something to relax my doctor (and others) brings up the "Anti" drugs every time .. It's like he's on em aswell and brainwashed by the farce that is our modern age and its medical system ;)

I hope I made my point here .. I've spent so much time reading of all these issues sometimes I feel like I might crack .. so forgive me for when I get a little weird o.k. ;) heheh

Your partner in crime for medicinal purposes aswell as recreational (oh my) ,

Budman ;)