The Frog Thread

MongyMan

Great thread Mongy, you have some great shots there.

I'm surprised to see so many shots of green frogs, unless they're all up in Nth Qld. Have only ever seen green ones like that in pics, the green tree frogs from up north in tropics, sub tropics. Think they still are unless the bloody toads get them!

Have had an unusual increase with them here this year, buried in garden beds, in my bird bath...think I mentioned rescuing several from the cat lol. Love the slippery lil buggas.

Speaking of green tree frogs. Picked a flight attendant in cab one night who told me.....they'd just come down from Derby and on his walk around the plane, pilot found a stowaway in the wheel bay. A green tree frog, still alive! People freeze to death in wheel bays but a frog survives?? Quite a mystery.

He took the poor lil bugga to the zoo.

Jeez Nay, you show us some amazing pics! What equipment are you using, pleeeze? lol

Don't have any pics of frogs but have a story of survival. Plane lands at Perth airport one night down from Derby where it had sat on the tarmac overnight. The pilot was doing his 'walk around' after landing and spotted a green tree frog sitting in the wheel bay, still alive! He took it to the zoo & I'm sure he visited it too! Who told me? That pilot got into my taxi & went to the zoo. They breed 'em tough up there! lol

Nice pics Naycha!

I built a really nice enclosure for my green tree frogs with plants, bark, a running waterfall, pond etc, all humidity controlled and am putting a misting system in..... would post pics if I could figure out how the albums work....

I briefly had an albino green tree frog however a friend thought it was sick and let it go, much to my horror.