what music is best

i know ive seen other posts about music and growing but i want to be more specific with the music...i like alot of "hip-hop classical" such as miri ben-ari, black violin, etc...would the classical music need to be more classical or what, any ideas? i really want to start playing music for our babies and im not sure what to play.

thanks so much

EDIT

the music i was kinda thinking of is these...

<paul dateh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oRXgID8Xgs <miri ben ari

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9y4sfUxc6E <black violin

would these be good?

Edited by ganjalette

beware of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Vanilla Fudge, Deep Purple etc, or any rock, unfortunately growing plants do not do well when closely subjected to such tunes ...

try to get hold of some North Indian classical music such as melodies by sitar and tabla as these seems to be most effective ...

or last resort could be Dr. George Milstien's epic album 'Music to Grow Plants' only available on vinyl i think and hard to find ..

these theories are based on my limited knowledge and my half-arsed experiments on the subject

:scratchin:

post-1601-1234224593_thumb.jpg

:scratchin:. This is a great subject isn't it? Playing music to the girls! :scratchin:

Anyhow, I'm going to have to disagree with you 100% frazzle.

Every study I've ready about this (2-3 maybe?) suggests hard core metal really gets the plants going. So, in contrast to what frazzle has said, I'd be playing EXACTLY those bands he says not to.

Mythbusters did this a while ago. The heavy metal music grow the most followed by the classical. The least to grow was the control group - the plants with no noise. :crazy:!

Google it. There's heaps of stuff on the heavy metal - growth cofactors.

I love these questions!

I was about to mention the myth busters when I noticed taucer reply.

It is true that on that myth busters episode the beans/peas responded best to the METAL and I think they had all of there other variables well controlled/accounted for.

so extrapolate what you will from this.

Fun experiment but would be difficult to get any conclusive results with out many, many experiments, possibly over years to get any worth while/valuable results to work with

Good luck

I'm not the biggest fan of electronic music, but I listen to a few songs from time to time. I'm more into rock, and I usually download songs on Mp3 Juice. It's pretty convenient, and I don't even have to pay for a subscription there. And it's not that hard to find even underground artists there because the database of music there is huge.