rams horn,yellow leaves

Sounds like over fert to me. Do you test you solution daily? Its probably been said here a thousand times but here is a tip I was given that has never let me down.

Make up your nutes to desired PPM, pH'd to between 5.5 - 6.2 ( I personally go 5.5 )

Test the day after you have put it in your system. If your PPM has risen from what you set to, its too hot for the plants and as such you should drain the system and make up a weaker batch. If, however, PPM drops, its too weak and needs changing for a stronger mix. pH is affected at the same time as both of these conditions, If the mix is too hot pH usually drops like a stone, if its too weak you'll find pH rises. Ideally PPM should stay constant over a week coupled with a slow steady rise in pH. This tells you the plants are happy with the strength of nutes. Setting your pH to 5.5 and letting it slowly rise will allow the plants to take up all the nutrients it needs to be super healthy as certain micro nutrients are locked out until pH conditions are perfect. The range I gave you will allow most of the plants needs to be met.

Anyway I dont want to ruffle any feathers as iv only just landed on this fine site, im sure the guru's will point you in the right direction.

That works for me and I dont change things that aint broke.

Stay Safe

Parko

Thanks for all the input!!!this is my fist grow,gazza says im at full strength in a dwc system.i have a drip system into a reservoir.am i at full strength or half strength?the roots hang and then float in the water and look healthy.ph drops everyday about .2 till it hits 5.5 then i raise it to 6.0.(using a new hanna tester)my local hydro guy who make there own nutes says(liquid earth) the ph will rise or drop depending on what nutes the plants are taking up.does he know what he is taking about or is he talkin s**t! Also i water with a steady stream for 15 min on 1/2 hour off,could i be over watering?(my timer wont go less than 15 min)SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS,I JUST WANT TO GET IT RIGHT!!! Edited by Father Nature

Never be sorry for asking questions, its how we all learn. The only stupid question is the question not asked.

Are you using clay pebbles as a medium by any chance? I only ask as unless you give them a really good flushing through with plain water the residue that comes off them plays havoc with pH. A schoolboy error I made when first setting out with hydro.

But your mix is probably too strong, to start with id be tempted to ditch the solution and make up some more at half the strength as you currently have in. Mix your nutes first and bubble it for a few hours then set your pH to 5.5 and bubble again for a few more hours. Test both PPM and pH and if its the same as what you set it at throw it in your system. Monitor both every day and follow the tip I posted in my last reply.

Takes a few weeks to get to grips with hydro but once you have your procedures down its a walk in the bush :wave:

Thanks parko,i am using clay pebbles but i rinsed them really good till no more brown water ran out.by the way do those pebbles hold more salt or nutrients or whatever locks up nutrients,i flush with water at every change.Ill try what you said and see what happens.THe seedbank said to keep ppm at 700 which is were there at.(joey weed seed nl x ak47)

There is a build up of salts with the pebbles but I haven't had any lock out problems because of it. I always use fresh pebbles every grow though, I know they can be reused but I usually can't be arsed to clean off all the roots etc.

Young plants need weak nutes to kick them off with a gradual rise as they get older, which I might add they will tell you by monitoring PPM and pH. 700PPM throughout a grow doesn't sound like good advice to me whatever strain it is.

Grow shop owners rarely give good advice in my opinion, everything iv ever been told by these people usually has an undertone of buy this stuff at great expense and that'll cure it. The guys here on the front line are more likely to keep you on the right path. They have no motive other than to get people to grow great weed and dump the dealer.

Fingers crossed for you dude, im sure it'll all fall into place soon :wave:

Parko

thanks,one more thing i always had water on 15 min off 1/2 hour,i changed it to 15 on 15 off at my last change which is when problem started.i changed it back yesterday and it looks like it might be helping(when staring at them all day its tough to tell change :wave:).i didnt know you could overwater a hydro system.do you think i was overwatering,and should i go even longer then 1/2/hour off?