Snakes Alive!

ouch! must be a big one you've got! that's a big bite! i've got a murray darling carpet and she's never bitten me in 8 years. lucky me!

as to the original snake pics in the post, i've no idea what kind of snake it is, but as a very general rule you can usually tell the snake is venomous if it has that bullet shaped head (no apparent neckline), whereas common python species will have diamond shaped heads with large muscles towards the back.. but then again death adders have a similar shaped head to pythons. so.. this probably hasn't helped :uhhuh:

Not too big it's 9 or 10 years old, and that was the first time it has bitten me (unlucky me).

I to have felt the bite of a non venomus snake.... I was in south africa visiting family about 3 years ago and my uncle collects snakes, lizards, crocodiles, basicaly anything that is reptilian... any ways after he showed me around his farm he invited me to look at this snake it was light green almost lime colour i guess you could say and he was going into details about its striking speed... and me being me mouthed off that i could move my hand b4 it could strike...

so i put my hand in the glass tank turned my head for not even a second to make sure my uncle was looking and then i felt the most incrediblie pain shoot up my finger... i screamed so loud everyone came running to look and see what was wrong... my uncle quickly grabbed my arms and told me to stop moving if i wanted it to let go... took close to 10 mins for this little shit to let go... I can honestly say i was almost in tears at the time.... i have some scars on my fingers that i look at every time i am about to do something stupid and it is a good reminder to think things threw b4 leaping in the deep end....

• Admin

Surprised this Diamond Python the other day sitting in the engine of an old car digesting a rat.... Only spotted it because it jumped as I walked past. It's only a little one at about a metre and a half (4.9 feet) long.

DiamondPython.jpg

Hey River, hard to really see , but i doubt its a Taipan, not really known to be fond of water , .Roughly what area of aussie >?? may make it a bit easier, or next time get a midbody scale count 21 or 23 for Taipans, they can be nasty mother fuckers, so pick a different route .

Cheers and beware

Muckster